Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mary124
    replied
    Some foods/drinks bother me. I know when I go out like most of us I have to watch it. There is one Mexican restuarant that we can go to that doesn't bother me, but anywhere else, forget it! I can go to the Olive Garden but I can't go to anyother Italian place. When my mom comes up and makes her spanish rice I can't eat it either. (it hurts her feelings but can't help it.)
    In another post, I mentioned coffee it bothers me, but it also depends on what brand. So, I guess I'm like some of the others here, I'm not as diet sensitive as most.

Leave a comment:

• NicoleB
    replied
    The only thing i can pinpoint bothering me is REALLY spicy stuff, like hot salsa or cayanne peppers. other than that, i can drink coffee if i really want to, though i'm not really a coffee drinker. But when i DO drink it once in a great while, i dont feel it. other than going through me really fast, caffiene doesnt really hurt.

I have not eliminated "bad foods" i've mostly just cut back. for instance, i used to drink a lot of green tea and iced tea...i really miss it. I hardly drink it now, and its sad because its sooo good for you. But when i do slip up and drink it anyway, i dont think it hurts me, and i usually take a preleif just in case.

The biggest thing that helps me with eating bad foods is, drink LOTS of water. That way, you can dilute the acids in food. I drink a ton of water, and thats why i dont think bad foods hurt me. i only feel a bit more of a twinge if i skimp on water. believe it or not, its not really the kind of liquids i drink, its the AMOUNT i drink that make the difference in pain. As long as i flush myself wiht lots of water, i feel a lot better. i understand if you have major frequency this could be a problem, but since i dont, i'm able to drink lots of water, and its very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• irishnan3
    replied
    I have been very strict with the IC diet. It has been 11 months now. Just recently I tried to eat organic tomato sauce that my hubby made special for me to try. He is a wonderful cook/makes life tuff! that was Monday night and it is now Friday and I am still flaring. I know not to do that again. It makes it so scarey to try things. The dr wants me to try to put some things back in my diet. But so far anything I have tried hasn't been much sucess. I am going to Mexico the first week of May and boy would I love to have a bottle of Corona.....Some say they can drink it?? I have to try before I go so I'm not sick when I get there.
    Wish Me Luck.....

Leave a comment:

• mellusk
    replied
    I actually do find that drinking (in moderation, as always) makes me feel better as well. I think it's because it does have pain-relieving properties.
    I've a girlfriend that prefers 2-3 beers a night for the cracked vertebra in her back to taking meds.
    As with anything, obviously you don't want to get carried away with it, and you do not want to drink while taking any sort of pain relievers containing acetometaphin (darvoCET, percoCET, vicodin, lortabs...). Not only is it just not good for you, period, it's extra hard on the ol' liver.

Leave a comment:

• carolynyeo
    replied
    Hi - few things bother me

Hi,

I tried the diet strictly for a long time, and no I was no better on than off.

saying that though...some weird things bother me....

dasani water - why have no idea...I can drink red wine by the gallons (not that I do ) with no symptoms, but if you give me dasani water bang I have to go pee...
    Orange juice - I am allergic to oranges, I can handle other citirs fruits though.
    Beer - have no idea why...

That's it. Wine actually makes me feel wonderful. I have no flares with it at all, but I am thinking I have pelvic floor dysfunction since having my wee one four years ago...2 and half hour labor for my first baby. Basically he just shot right out of me...lol. So I think I did some damage during that. So wine makes me relax and feel great.

Oh this is not diet but it bothers me...bubble baths...they irritate my urethra.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Leave a comment:

• green_the_fish
    replied
    Yeah, I'm not real sensetive to diet, either. I can count on my fingers the number of foodstuffs that bother me at all, and most of them are actually drinks (ie: lots of coffee or energy drinks, cranberry juice, alcohol, dandelion tea, etc). But, other than a handful of beverages, I can eat or drink whatever I want. Tomatoes, lemons, peanuts, salsa, etc. We're all different, and we all have different symptoms. Some of us just aren't that sensetive to diet for some reason. Dunno why; this IC is a mysterious disease

Leave a comment:

• froelica
    replied
    The only times I've felt like food impacted my symptoms were with lots of chocolate, LOTS of beer (several days in a row) and I think OJ made me hurt once...... I don't get it. How can one acidic thing aggravate symptoms and not another? Like red wine. I can drink tons of red wine but I can't drink a lot of beer. Makes no sense to me!

Leave a comment:

• jjt001
    replied
    I had a hard time pinpointing exactly what my sensitivites were until I got rid of the pain -- when I was in everyday pain, the diet seemed to make very little diffference, though I could tell with some very blatant (for me) irritants like soda, citrus, tomato sauce, processed soy and grapes. Now that my pain is under control with elavil I'm a lot more aware of those sensititives. I've always been able to eat chocolate and can handle most fruits. I think when I was hurting every day it was just impossible to tell what was making it worse or what didn't seem to bother me. Obviously, it's not normal for foods to cause bladder problems, and the initial problem isn't caused by food, so until I could get that under control somewhat it was really hard to tell what made a difference.

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    I have daily pain--I've tried the diet with little difference. I am sensitive to quite a few foods, they "increase" the pain or urgency/frequency. I found that if I eat some of the no no's in MODERATION I do okay. For example: if I drink a little Orange Juilius I do okay--now if I drink a whole one by myself I will feel like I'm going to die!!! I think of my self as not to diet sensitive. I just have some triggers.

Leave a comment:

• mellusk
    replied
    Cheez-its tear me up too. Whatever it is in them that makes them that neon orange color does not like me.

Leave a comment:

• kuntrygurl78
    replied
    My food sensitivities come and go. Beer being the main one. Sometimes I can have a beer or two and Im fine. Other times, I have half of one and I can feel it. (I only say this cause Im going out tonight:woohoo: )

My food list of no nos is very short. Multi Vitamins, any juice thats real, oranges, and cheez it crackers.

Leave a comment:

• mellusk
    replied
    Originally posted by ICKIRSTI View Post
    ...heed this warning!! CHOOSE YOUR POISON's WISELY. For if we consume away without doubt or regret today, our bodies may very well retaliate and demand much more respect tomorrow.
    Tell it like it is, sista!
    I'm right with you there - my whole family was blessed with high metabolisms, so growing up my parents didn't worry about what junk was in the house. We drank Coke like it was going out of water, ate Doritos nonstop, any candy we got our hands on and then some. I think our poor habits contributed to my body's rejection of artificial ingredients now. I stopped eating a lot of that crud on my own anyway, but every now and then I'd cave. I know now that giving in to the Cheetos is not an option.

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Not too diet sensitive

I am not very diet sensitive except if I drink regular coffee I can pee a hundred times, not pain, just frequency.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• ICKIRSTI
    replied
    good for you!

I want to express my contentment that in fact there are some without the diet sensivity! I am not one of them! Never have been, never will be. However, I am a firm believer that the dietary habits of the current generations are just plain awful. I also am very amused that we could ingest such appalling substances in such massive quantities and then actually HAVE THE NERVE to wonder why it hurts!!! So from someone whom at 23, has already made all the wrong choices, already tried virtually every restriction diet known to man, and still has no hope for happier digestion...heed this warning!! CHOOSE YOUR POISON's WISELY. For if we consume away without doubt or regret today, our bodies may very well retaliate and demand much more respect tomorrow. All the best ... and then some....

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Hi.
    For me, there are foods that will make me feel worse, but like you, I have been on the IC diet for a couple months and I did not feel like it helped any at all. I know diet helps some people alot, but not everyone.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X