Whole grain wheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole grain wheat?

Are whole grain cereals good or bad? I have found some organic brands, but did not try because I noticed that recomended breads are white or potato?

Is there a problem with whole grains?

Whole Grains

Whole grains, esp in dry cereal are a no-no for me. I have no idea why. That includes dry "energy" bars.

My take on it - - of it's supposed to be healthy, watch out LOL
    Diagnoses: Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (2012),Interstitial Cystitis (2003), Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia (2003), GERD (since ?), IBS (since ?), Low Blood Volume (2006), Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (2007)

Medicines:
    Claritin 10 mg/AM for MCAS and allergies
    Synthroid
    Aciphex 20 mg in PM for GERD
    Zantac 75 mg, one at night for MCAS and GERD
    Singulair 10 mg in AM, for MCAS & allergies
    Zyrtec 5 mg/PM for MCAS and allergies

Non-Medicinal Helps:
    glucosamine 500mg/MSM 500mg 2 X/day
    I avoid foods that I react to in my esophagus, bowel and bladder, and I react to many things. It is an imperfect method, but it is all that I do at the moment.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phillipians 4:13)

Comment

I do OK with whole grain. That said, I think my diet sensitivity isn't as much as others. My biggest triggers are vinegar products, caffiene and citrus. If you're not sure, you might try a small quantity first and see how that goes. Good luck!
      ~ Stacey

Comment

I figured out that for me... whole grains that have no dough conditioners ( extra stuff to make the bread stay fresh) are good for me. Any time I eat an off the shelf bread front the grocery store I have problems. I have also found that some yeast has citric acid in it. So... I have a great bakery near me that is 100% preservitave free..even the yeast. It is a chain called Bread harvest. They do ship so if you wnat to try le tme know I can get you info. The other place I can get bread is Whole Food. But BEWARE not all of their fresh bakes breads are without dough conditioners. I think, if I remember correctly, that the rolls were mor friendly than the big loafs....

We just baked a loaf of whole wheat and used King Arthur Flour andFleishmans yeast in a jar. The package stuff has acid. It was YUMMY!!!

I also eat a ton of barley and buckwheat. I prepare it like Rice or use the flour for pancakes and stuff...

Hope this helps!
        Jo
        :woohoo: Yogajo

Comment

I'm okay with whole wheat as long as the bread has no vinegar, citric acid, etc.
          I get those breads at Whole Foods or my Safeway has a shelf for local bakery breads without preservatives. (Yes, lucky)
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Working...
          X