Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kadi
    replied
    I'm okay with whole wheat as long as the bread has no vinegar, citric acid, etc.
    I get those breads at Whole Foods or my Safeway has a shelf for local bakery breads without preservatives. (Yes, lucky)

Leave a comment:

• Yogajo37
    replied
    I figured out that for me... whole grains that have no dough conditioners ( extra stuff to make the bread stay fresh) are good for me. Any time I eat an off the shelf bread front the grocery store I have problems. I have also found that some yeast has citric acid in it. So... I have a great bakery near me that is 100% preservitave free..even the yeast. It is a chain called Bread harvest. They do ship so if you wnat to try le tme know I can get you info. The other place I can get bread is Whole Food. But BEWARE not all of their fresh bakes breads are without dough conditioners. I think, if I remember correctly, that the rolls were mor friendly than the big loafs....

We just baked a loaf of whole wheat and used King Arthur Flour andFleishmans yeast in a jar. The package stuff has acid. It was YUMMY!!!

I also eat a ton of barley and buckwheat. I prepare it like Rice or use the flour for pancakes and stuff...

Hope this helps!
    Jo

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    I do OK with whole grain. That said, I think my diet sensitivity isn't as much as others. My biggest triggers are vinegar products, caffiene and citrus. If you're not sure, you might try a small quantity first and see how that goes. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• futurehope
    replied
    Whole Grains

Whole grains, esp in dry cereal are a no-no for me. I have no idea why. That includes dry "energy" bars.

My take on it - - of it's supposed to be healthy, watch out LOL

Leave a comment:

• kimmo
    started a topic Whole grain wheat?

Whole grain wheat?

Are whole grain cereals good or bad? I have found some organic brands, but did not try because I noticed that recomended breads are white or potato?

Is there a problem with whole grains?
Working...
X