Salad dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salad dressing

Hi, I am new to this and am newly diagnosed with IC. I am very overwhelmed with the diet and have just half started, but I am having trouble finding any kind of salad dressing that I can have that does not have vinegar or something else that we are suppose to stay away from. Can anyone help?
    (was dogbite5)

I'm new too but I am also having trouble finding a salad dressing. I really miss balsamic vinegar! Today I had a salad with just oil - yuck! Maybe someone else will have a good idea.
    Sudden onset of UTI like symtoms on Dec 27, 2006.
    Diagnosed with IC on March 12, 2007.
    Current Meds: 50mg Elavil
    "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle" author unknown

Comment

The only dressing I use now is Extra Virgin Olive oil, and I put some garlic in it with basil and some Kosher Salt. It really is yummy, Let them sit together for awhile before using so you get all the flavors mixed. I use it on everything now. I know a lot of people on the boards also say that they can tolerate Marie Callenders (sp?) Ranch dressing, it has no preservatives. I don't seem to tolerate it very well though. I know how tough it is, but after awhile you just get used to having bland stuff..Good luck,

Kari
      Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

Thanks Kari - I do not like to cook and just mixing those three ingredients together will be a bit of a challenge for me But it sounds good! Do you use fresh garlic and basil?
        Sudden onset of UTI like symtoms on Dec 27, 2006.
        Diagnosed with IC on March 12, 2007.
        Current Meds: 50mg Elavil
        "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle" author unknown

Comment

Salad dressing

Thank you, I will try that. It sounds good and simple.:woohoo:
          (was dogbite5)

Comment

Hey,
            Yes, it's very simple and easy to keep on hand. I have some mixed all the time, I even put it on my pasta which is really good. Now when I even taste a bite of my husbands regular salad dressing, it's too rich for me after eating this for so long. I use the fresh garlic that is already chopped (see, even simpler, ha-ha) and I just use the basil in the jar, but I'm sure you could use fresh if you wanted to. Enjoy!

Kari
            Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

I can use a tablespoon of Paul Newmans Organic vinegar and oil dressing with Prelief.

Comment

NO vinegar at all for me, major flare! I'm glad your able to tolerate it though, I don't think most can, and I wouldn't recommend trying it if your just starting out on the diet...

Kari
                Kari

Comment

..we do a bit of vegetable stock, olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, freshly chopped basil and roasted pinenuts on top. the dressing goes well with a mixed green leaf salad with roasted mushrooms (no oil on the mushrooms). it's not so thick but quite tasty. the veg stock is without msg
                  I'm german, diagnosed september 2005 with mild IC. Current meds: Elmiron, Uropol-S, IC diet.

Comment

Salad dressing

I use Cardini's brand. No MSG. My IC is serious and I can handle this brand.
                    Pepper parmesan is my favorite.

Comment

i use olive oil with or without garlic. some people cant tolerate garlic so be careful. if i happen to be out in a group of people, i usually order a salad, which isnt great b/c most of the time the meat is pre-marianted. so im already nervous about that. but as far as the dressing goes, i usually just dip it in barely so i can get the taste. it is hard though

Comment

Where can you get Cardini's brand?

Comment

The salad dressing that's been mentioned here is Marie's Lite Creamy Ranch.
                          (Not Marie Callendar's)

I like to mix pear juice & canola oil with a sprinkle of basil for a salad dressing. It makes an especially nice salad with baby romaine, blueberries, small pieces of pear, feta cheese, & chicken
                          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                          Source - Pinterest
                          "

Current treatments:
                          -IC diet
                          -Elavil 50mg at night
                          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                          -Pyridium if needed,
                          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                          -Managing stress= VERY important!
                          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Cardini's

In Massachusetts you can get it at almost any grocery store. Sometimes in the all natural section of salad dressings.

Comment

Working...
                            X