• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    kadi
    Support Leader

• kadi
    replied
    If I make pizza at home, I get the Trader Joe's pizza dough (plain or whole wheat ones only), spread pesto on it, then tons of thin sliced mushrooms, red bell pepper, sometimes broccoli & then mozzarella cheese.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    ICN Member

• Smokey
    replied
    I have ordered prelief from amazon it was cheaper than the ic shop

Leave a comment:

• Kathy in Canada
    ICN Member

• Kathy in Canada
    replied
    fast food

Katie,

Someone on this site said you can order Prelief on-line from amazon.com & it was cheaper. I have not tried to do this yet..

I can eat the roast chicken sub at Subway. I put lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, their white cheese and a bit of salt on it. No dressing. Have only tried their white bread. I get milk and sometimes plain chips.

I order pizza with no tomato sauce. Then I have them put mozarella cheese, green peppers, and oregano on it. I order it from a small pizza place, not Pizza Pizza.

At home if I make pizza, I put olive oil on it. Then any kind of vegetables - peppers, mushrooms, broccoli. I put salt, dried oregano & basil on & finally mozzarella cheese. I am also ok with black olives that are in brine not vinegar. Leftover chicken in chunks would be good to. If I buy the pizza crust that is mostly baked, I microwave my veggies before putting them on the pizza and baking it. I have also used soft goat cheese on pizza.

Do you have Swiss Chalet where you live? I am fine with their chicken (without sauce), baked potato with butter or fries (rarely), and vegetables. I sometimes bring my own dressing for a side salad (olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, basil).

At Wendy's I am ok with a cheeseburger with just lettuce on it. I get fries and milk. If I want a side salad I bring my own dressing.

Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    ICN Member

• Katief1976
    replied
    THANKS so much for your suggestions! Subway is a great, healthy alternative. I guess I should be careful of the vinegar though, but excellent option! Love the Wendy's baked potatoe idea too!
    I will stop at my local Walgreens today after work and look for the Prelief. We also have Rite Aid's here, so I will look there too! THANKS for your suggestions!

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    Support Leader

• kadi
    replied
    I've found Prelief at most Walgreens & some Rite Aids. Look in the section with the antacids or next to the Beano (same maker). I've also special ordered it for much less $ at the Costco pharmacy.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    Support Leader

• kadi
    replied
    Subway is one of my favorites for fast food. I get a turkey or roast beef on wheat, with lettuce, bell pepper, shredded carrots. Also a bag of Classic Lays Chips or Fritos & a milk.

I also sometimes stop off at Wendy's on my way home from work. I get a milk, plain baked potato, small garden salad (I pick the cherry tomatoes off). The butter & salad dressing don't look very IC friendly, so I tend to pick these things up & take them home, where I put my own butter on the potato & my own dressing on the salad. Makes for a no-cooking, no-dishes night.

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    ICN Member

• Katief1976
    replied
    Yes, I have made my own "white pizza" at home as a test, and was ok with it, I put lots of garlic and broccoli on it and was ok. So I feel better about pizza places...
    I can put mayo on my sandwiches and when we have burgers at home I do put mayo and lettuce on it with success. So I guess I'm experimenting at home first. But my fear is that things like thier chicken, isnt a real chicken breast, but all kinds of ingredients "pressed" into a patty. Also some of thier chicken is pre-marinated.
    Has anyone tried a beef and cheddar yet from Arby's with success? Boy I miss those!
    I have not been able to find Prelief in the stores. I looked in Walmart, CVS and at my Giant Grocery store. I will look at Walgreens if you think they may have it. THANKS! I'm in Easton, Pennsylvania by the way!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    ICN Member

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Oh yea, that's another great idea, some smaller pizza places will make white pizzas which has like garlic and ricotta chesse and then mozerella on top, yum!

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    ICN Member

• Smokey
    replied
    I am fine with pizza with no sauce just mozarella cheese, garlic and fresh mushrooms. to be on the safe side I always take prelief if I eat at restaurants.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    ICN Member

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Sorry that you're having such a problem Katie. Wanted to say to the IC network though. When I was first starting the diet I would just get a burger w/o the mayo and tomato and stuff on it that would bother me. Personally I don't seem to be overly diet sensetive as long as I don't have too many acidic things at the same time. I personally have been fine w/ McDonald's crispy chicken, I just ask for no tomatoe but I'm okay with the mayo. I'm sure some others will chime in. If you haven't gotten any Prelief yet you may want to try it, it does help when I eat something that I think may bother me. The only place I've been able to find it is here in the ICShop or at Walgreens. Hope this helps.

By the way, where in PA are you? I'm in Lancaster county and am always wondering if there is anybody around me that has IC as I have never met another person face to face with it.

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    ICN Member

• Katief1976
    started a topic Fast Food suggestions?

Fast Food suggestions?

Once or twice a week we grab fast food. Now that I'm IC, I feel that we can't enjoy this anymore. Even the grilled chicken sandwiches seem unsafe to me. I looked the ingredients up online and they marinate them or they have ingredients in them that is unsafe for us. The chicken nuggets and fried chicken pieces have paprika in the recipe and other unsafe things. Some of the places we used to eat were Burger King, McDonalds, Arby's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers etc...
    Any suggestions would be super helpful here! Sometimes we just don't have time to cook and I want to eat healthy. I used to love that Salad by Arby's with the dried cranberries in it but thats a no-no, plus the dressing would kill me too! HELP!
    Katie
Working...
X