Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vegacula
    replied
    I'm a vegetarian, I have been for four years now. So the IC diet is pretty much like being vegan for me. I go to taco bell and get three hard shell tacos with no cheese ('cause I think they use cheddar) but I get beans instead of meat... I think I remember their meat being sort of spicey anyway, sooo that's my suggestion as to fast food stuffs, I haven't ventured out to try anything else yet.

Leave a comment:

• cia
    replied
    Arby's beef and cheddar doesn't bother me, but if you are really food sensitive I would get it without the Arby's sauce and skim off half of the cheese. The roast beef isn't spicy and should be harmless, but since it comes on an onion roll you may want to try just a few bites and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    My son is a Assistant Manager at Papa John's; and every once in awhile, he will surprise me by bringing me a pizza without sauce on it-- or if he forgets which he is likely to do sometimes, he might put a little bit of sauce on it, which doesn't bother me at all. I can eat also at Wendy's (their hamburger's as long as its their hamburgers with just the mayo on it. I'll have that maybe once a month or so whenever I get hungry for a burger.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    We order pizza with no red sauce fairly frequently. In fact, the folks at the pizza parlor know me when I go in and I don't usually even have to place an order --- I just pay them and wait for my tomato free pizza.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    I have been able to eat Chick Fil A's chicken nuggets and french fries. I have eaten mozzarella sticks at Red Robin. I also ate those at Chili's, but they are more spicy and will not do that again. I also have eaten eggs at IHOP along with bacon and hash browns and was fine. My husband is the GM of a pizza place, it is a chain called Mazzios. He will make me pizza with no sauce on it, or they have pasta dishes and he will just alter them so that I can eat them.

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    Everything in moderation. thats my motto... the occational fast food won't kill ya, especially if you ate healthy all day and took a nice brisk walk to burn it off

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    ic

ic or no ic..that fast food stuff will kill ya.

Leave a comment:

• irishnan3
    replied
    Originally posted by Katief1976 View Post
    Yes, I have made my own "white pizza" at home as a test, and was ok with it, I put lots of garlic and broccoli on it and was ok. So I feel better about pizza places...
    I can put mayo on my sandwiches and when we have burgers at home I do put mayo and lettuce on it with success. So I guess I'm experimenting at home first. But my fear is that things like thier chicken, isnt a real chicken breast, but all kinds of ingredients "pressed" into a patty. Also some of thier chicken is pre-marinated.
    Has anyone tried a beef and cheddar yet from Arby's with success? Boy I miss those!
    I have not been able to find Prelief in the stores. I looked in Walmart, CVS and at my Giant Grocery store. I will look at Walgreens if you think they may have it. THANKS! I'm in Easton, Pennsylvania by the way!
    Katief1976
    We are practically neighbors.....I live in Springtown/Hellertown, PA I get my Prelief at Eckerd Drug, that always seem to have it. good luck PM me if you would like to talk or even get together somethime. It would be nice to actually meet someone going through the same stuff.
    Patty

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    I tried the burger king version of the grilled chicken breast with mayo and lettuce. Had really bad pain last night and today so I guess I can cross that off my list of things to eat. Some days I really just want to hit a drive thru on the way home and grab something but I feel like there is nothing I can eat! All the McDonalds chicken have MSG in there acording to thier website.

Leave a comment:

• chainsaw
    replied
    Hi Christine,
    I may have already answered this question before, but I live in New Oxford, PA which is over by Gettysburg. About 20-30 out of Hanover.
    Kim

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    Wow, thanks for the suggestions! I had Wendy's chicken nuggets on Thursday, and had some pain on Friday. I'm wondering if they have some spice in thier breading... See now, what regular person would know that chick-fil-a marinates thier grilled chicken in pickel juice? For the average person this is no big deal but for us, could cause a lot of pain and suffering. I'm almost paranoid about eating out anywhere. It's really frustrating to me... but you are right, we just have to try this stuff. I'm trying to see who has ingredients listed online. Some do list all ingredients, and some don't.
    THANKS so much to everyone for your help here!

Leave a comment:

• girl
    replied
    I haven't had any problems at all with the fast food burgers-just usually don't like them because I can't tolerate ANY of the condiments. As far as the chicken, I like Chick-Fil-A's breaded sandwich - the grilled, which is much healthier, is marinated in pickle juice. That was a week long flare for me!!

I can't eat Wendy's chicken pieces-the three piece meal- because of some spices they put in them. Really, trial and error for the chicken. Oh, and McDonald's puts some sort of spice that bothers me in their breaded chicken also. Then again, I am allergic to any type of peppers, and several spices, so other people may do fine with these.

Leave a comment:

• dmarie
    replied
    prelief

Just wanted to let you know that Prelief at my Walmart is kept behind the pharmacy counter, so I have to ask for it.

Dawn

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    THANKS for all your suggestions, so far they have helped a lot! So everyone here doesnt have any problems with the fast-food burgers? I was worried about picking up a burger and finding out later there was some odd ingredient mixed into thier patties that causes us to suffer. Also, you all seem ok with the chicken sandwiches as well. So that is such a relief!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    My son works at Papa Johns and if I want a pizza I will call him and he will make one up special just for me. I'm not that diet sensitive, but he will only put on a little bit of sauce and a few of the toppings that I can eat. Sometimes, he will just bring one home just because!

I will also stop at Wendy's for their bake potato with butter and cheese; or their hamburgers - I tell them no tomato but usually they put it on there anyway so I pick it off. Mayo doesn't bother me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X