X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmgblue4
    replied
    Originally posted by KLocke View Post
    Is there any IC safe allergy/cold medication out there? I'm on Arius right now and it seems to help my symptoms a bit but affects my IC.
    i tried zyrtec. i can't afford to refill it but it seemed to work. the doctor said to try claratin for an over the counter version that i could afford but haven't done it yet. whatever you do, avoid sudafed! i was just on mucinex for an ear infection and its making me have to go to the bathroom at least 10 times a night and it makes be burn throught the day/night.

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    replied
    I think that Atarax is prescribed for IC because it's a histamine blocker (the H-1 receptors). It didn't work for me, but it sounds like it works for lots of others (sometimes in combination with Elavil). On the other hand, another form of histamine blocker helps me (the H-2 blockers in Pepcid A-C, for instance, or in Quercetin). I think the theory is that damaged mast cells in the bladder release histamines, which then cause IC symptoms.

Best wishes, littlebear

Leave a comment:

• GWENDOLYN
    replied
    If I take a benedryl at night I seem to do better. It is so strange, I wonder if we are all allergic to food or something. Can anyone explain to me why allergy meds help us?

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    I take Astilin morning/night (prescription nose spray) and they just put me on Atarax for my IC (some respond to that med). I noticed my IC is better since starting that med, as is my nasal allergies. Loving this med! I don't have any groggy side effects from it (except for the first day or two).

I'd ask your doctor about Atarax and see if it may be something you can try!

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    I take Allegra 24 hour every day.

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    I know a lot of patients find allergy medications help them... I take claritin.

Leave a comment:

• KLocke
    started a topic Allergy Medication

Allergy Medication

Is there any IC safe allergy/cold medication out there? I'm on Arius right now and it seems to help my symptoms a bit but affects my IC.
Working...
X