Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yvette
    replied
    : ) mrsfudd, just keep in mind that diet is very individualized and altho people can say "well I can eat this" or "I can eat that"..... the same may not hold true for you especially for as you are not only dealing with IC, but IBS as well.

I would bet the Frozen yogurt too, but not because of the preservatives (altho those don't help either) I would guess the dairy as its big trigger with IBS patients....and to add insult to injury....the IBS diet just doesn't jive with what we should eat for IC. Soy is recommended for IBS, but discouraged with IC...see what I mean? Very confusing at times isn't it

Hang in there...try small quantities or eat foods you know are safe first to possibly buffer other foods that are questionable. Good Luck I hope you find satisfying foods that work for you

Leave a comment:

• slaston
    replied
    Nuts

I can currently eat almonds, pine nuts, and cashews, although I hate the taste of cashews, so I don't eat them. Pecans and walnuts both give me big flares in anything larger than a tiny amount. Other nuts, like macadamias and hazelnuts, seem to be okay in small quantities on rare occassions, but I don't like to risk it very often. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• mrsfudd
    replied
    Thanks for the info. It struck me that I did okay with Natural frozen Yoghurt (health food stores....no preservatives) but the standard brand name ones could be the problem. I will try cashews. I would sure like more input on nuts...anyone have reactions from almonds, walnuts, pecans or even pine nuts? and ais anyone familiar nwith rice breads?

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    I eat cashews all the time.

Leave a comment:

• snicole
    replied
    hi
    I can not have frozen yogurt. maybe it was that.

Leave a comment:

• mrsfudd
    replied
    thank you to you both...I love and have had a couple of rolls and some french bread recently. I have ignored discomfort before after eating these, thinking..."well, white bread is something allowed on the ic and ibs diets"
    So, I will cut this out, look into non fast rising yeast and give that a try. My guess is that most bakeries use fast-rising yeast?
    Any experience with almonds, walnuts, cashews or other nuts?

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    I can eat bread. I make my own using regular yeast it has no preservatives. Rapid rise yeast has preservatives.

Leave a comment:

• yvette
    replied
    I'm going to guess its the Yeast that may be causing a problem. Acacia (arabic gum) is pretty neutral all the way around. Yeast causes problems in many ICers....A popular book many have read is (I think its the titel) The Yeast Connection and the woman. It Could be something you ate days ago, or stress or a combination of many things.

Leave a comment:

• mrsfudd
    started a topic IC and Acacia

IC and Acacia

I am in the midst of anotherIC FLARE...DRATS! It is so difficult to determine the cause, but am working on almonds, almond butter, frozen yoghurt, and yeast bread??? I'd love to hear from any of you, particulqrly with successful eating of any nuts..I crave them!
    My major question though is concerning Acacia. I also deal with IBSc and Acacia has saved me during recal of Zelnorm. I'm dearly hoping this isn't the cause of this flare...
Working...
X