Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GayleK
    replied
    I grow yellow tomatoes that are low acid. A grocery store in my area also sells them in the summer time.

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    The biggest difference in the home grown tomatoes is that they aren't sprayed with chemicals to ripen them artificially.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! Here's the website where I buy the MSM gel. It has lots of info about it there. www.jacoblab.com It works great for me. Hope it helps you too! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    Roxie, whats MSM gel? when I flare, I get really bad urethra pain... would like to know what that is and where to get it?

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI I did a google search on yellow tomatos....here's what I found:
    6. Q. Are there really low-acid tomato varieties?

A. There are some varieties that are slightly less acidic than others, but this difference is so slight that there is no real difference in taste or in how the tomatoes should be processed. Some yellow-fruited types are slightly less acidic than the normal red varieties, but not enough to make any difference. Research conducted by the USDA indicates that all varieties available to the home gardener are safe for water bath processing as long as good quality fruit are used. Flavor differences which exist between varieties are not because of differences in acid content, but balances of the sugar to acid ratio.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Yup Leslie is right.. The yellows ones are yummy and if you cant find them where you live you can ordere the plants over the internet, just google yellow tomatoes or low acid tomatoes.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I think that the yellow ones are the ones that are recommended for ICers due to the low acid.

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    started a topic Low acid tomatoes

Low acid tomatoes

Where in the world you find Low acid tomatoes?...
    I've been doing the IC Diet for almost 1 year and a few months. I miss tomatoes + its is so nutritive.

Tomatoes is one of the 5 wrost IC foods but in the ICN diet section I read somehting about low acid tomatoes you can grow at home or something...please if someone knows about it I'd love to grow then in a planter.
    Byt hte way? does any of you tolerate one slice of tomato in a sandwich?
Working...
X