No announcement yet.

What about donuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do well with oatmeal cream pies and I eat a ton of rice krispie treats. Donuts are usually okay if I don't eat too much, otherwise makes me feel bloated. I can't handle citric acid very well either, but I've found that I can tolerate more things if I take calcium with them and then drink a whole bunch of water while I'm eating them.

Comment

Am I suppose to be eating things that are gluten free? I don't even know what gluten is? Is butter bad? I drown my food in it. I have stopped the margarine thing, but I thought that butter was alright?

Katie, thanks for the advice about the truffles, I will look into it.

Also, does anybody know about eating soft baked pepperidge farm cookies? I bought some snickerdoodle and sugar and I read the side of the box and from what I can see, I can't find anything that would cause a flare. If you have flared with these, please let me know before I stuff my face with them. Thanks.
      Diagnosed with IC - March 2007
      Diagnosed with vulvodynia - June 2007
      -Lots of prayer
      -Taking Elmiron and Hydroxzine (stoppped because of pregnancy)
      -Taking Prelief as needed (stopped because of pregnancy)
      -IC diet

Comment

Gluten is found in all breads and pasta's(unless they are gluten free) and usually in alot of packaged or not natural foods.
        I am on a gluten free diet due to stomach issues I have. I find it easier to digest. I am not sure if you ever heard of it, but celiac's disease is a disease some people have, and they cannot eat any gluten at all or they can be very sick. I do not have celiac's, but I do think I have a gluten sensitivity, which alot of people have. I have known quite a few people who have had severe allergies and IBS who have went on the gluten free diet and have gotten much better.
        There is no gluten in butter, that is more natural. I acually believe butter is better to use than the margarine. Margarine has alot of preservatives added to it in my opinion. So basically, all natural things are gluten free such as vegetables, fruit, milk, meat ect.... It is the packaged and processed foods that usually always contain gluten as well as all breads, pasta, cereal's and such, unless they are specified as gluten free. Most health food stores such as whole foods carry a larger selection of gluten free foods.
        Jen

Comment

I can eat donuts with no problem other than the blubber it adds to my hips. There a few foods that I am very particular about --- one is maple syrup and I only buy the real stuff; another is butter, but the butter is because when I was a little girl on a farm it was the only thing we had and I never learned to like margarine.

Bread is not a problem for me. Usually people who can't tolerate gluten have severe digestive problems --- and a blood test will determine whether you have celiac.

I'm not the average bear and garlic does bother me, but it doesn't most ICers.

Some ICers have a problem with oatmeal; I can eat it. And I can have raisens.

I suggest you go to the ICN Shop and order the book, "Confident Choices." It's not expensive at all and will help you learn how to manage an IC diet.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks you guys for all the information! I have been on a little bit of a roller coaster ride with this. It seems that every other day I have a bad day. I believe that I am being careful with my food, and then the next day I feel like crap. My good days I still don't feel anywhere near perfect, but I don't have this horrible burning sensation down there all over!!! I am probably going to call my uro next week and see if he will prescribe me Elavil. I was going to wait until June when I am suppose to be in there again but do not want to wait that long for some relief. Hopefully, he will give me a script.
            Diagnosed with IC - March 2007
            Diagnosed with vulvodynia - June 2007
            -Lots of prayer
            -Taking Elmiron and Hydroxzine (stoppped because of pregnancy)
            -Taking Prelief as needed (stopped because of pregnancy)
            -IC diet

Comment

Those that can eat donuts are you talking about grocery store bakery donuts or where do you buy your donuts? Thanks!

Comment

I can tolerate donut king cinnamon donuts
                Formerly lorenab

Comment

also donut kings vanilla thick shakes, yum!!!
                  Formerly lorenab

Comment

Working...
                  X