Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey
    replied
    also donut kings vanilla thick shakes, yum!!!

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    replied
    I can tolerate donut king cinnamon donuts

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    Those that can eat donuts are you talking about grocery store bakery donuts or where do you buy your donuts? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    Thanks you guys for all the information! I have been on a little bit of a roller coaster ride with this. It seems that every other day I have a bad day. I believe that I am being careful with my food, and then the next day I feel like crap. My good days I still don't feel anywhere near perfect, but I don't have this horrible burning sensation down there all over!!! I am probably going to call my uro next week and see if he will prescribe me Elavil. I was going to wait until June when I am suppose to be in there again but do not want to wait that long for some relief. Hopefully, he will give me a script.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I can eat donuts with no problem other than the blubber it adds to my hips. There a few foods that I am very particular about --- one is maple syrup and I only buy the real stuff; another is butter, but the butter is because when I was a little girl on a farm it was the only thing we had and I never learned to like margarine.

Bread is not a problem for me. Usually people who can't tolerate gluten have severe digestive problems --- and a blood test will determine whether you have celiac.

I'm not the average bear and garlic does bother me, but it doesn't most ICers.

Some ICers have a problem with oatmeal; I can eat it. And I can have raisens.

I suggest you go to the ICN Shop and order the book, "Confident Choices." It's not expensive at all and will help you learn how to manage an IC diet.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Gluten is found in all breads and pasta's(unless they are gluten free) and usually in alot of packaged or not natural foods.
    I am on a gluten free diet due to stomach issues I have. I find it easier to digest. I am not sure if you ever heard of it, but celiac's disease is a disease some people have, and they cannot eat any gluten at all or they can be very sick. I do not have celiac's, but I do think I have a gluten sensitivity, which alot of people have. I have known quite a few people who have had severe allergies and IBS who have went on the gluten free diet and have gotten much better.
    There is no gluten in butter, that is more natural. I acually believe butter is better to use than the margarine. Margarine has alot of preservatives added to it in my opinion. So basically, all natural things are gluten free such as vegetables, fruit, milk, meat ect.... It is the packaged and processed foods that usually always contain gluten as well as all breads, pasta, cereal's and such, unless they are specified as gluten free. Most health food stores such as whole foods carry a larger selection of gluten free foods.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    Am I suppose to be eating things that are gluten free? I don't even know what gluten is? Is butter bad? I drown my food in it. I have stopped the margarine thing, but I thought that butter was alright?

Katie, thanks for the advice about the truffles, I will look into it.

Also, does anybody know about eating soft baked pepperidge farm cookies? I bought some snickerdoodle and sugar and I read the side of the box and from what I can see, I can't find anything that would cause a flare. If you have flared with these, please let me know before I stuff my face with them. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I do well with oatmeal cream pies and I eat a ton of rice krispie treats. Donuts are usually okay if I don't eat too much, otherwise makes me feel bloated. I can't handle citric acid very well either, but I've found that I can tolerate more things if I take calcium with them and then drink a whole bunch of water while I'm eating them.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Oh, also, I never eat margarine, as it is not natural. Butter is better and much healthier for you, if used in small amounts that is.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I am able to eat donuts, usually vanilla ones, no chocolate. I eat the gluten free ones made by kinickinknick(I think I spelled that right). They are real good. They have vanilla frosted and maple frosted.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    Kristi,
    What an awsome idea! I didn't even think of caramels! They are so good and would certainly satisfy my junk food craving! Good idea! I love candy and have been careful about eating any for the past few months. I tried those Lindt white chocolate truffles and they are so yummy!!! I bought them in my local CVS drugstore.

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    Katie

Have you tried Werther's caramels? You can get the chewy kind and they are awesome. I also am going to try and go look today for white chocolate at Hobby Lobby or Garden Ridge. That sounds really good to me.

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    I've successfully eaten brown sugar/ cinnamon pop tarts but not the oatmeal. I buy plain instant oatmeal and add honey or sugar and milk. I have been eating the "Golden Oreo's" for the past week and I have had no problems with them either. I made wrap sandwiches for lunch with flour tortilla's and had no problems with them. Parm in the can has not bothered me either.
    I feel with you, I am new to all this and I'm frustrated because I'm afraid to eat all these things too and just really read labels and try one thing at a time. You may find you are ok with crescents because all the bread products seem to be safe... but I hear we all react differently to these things. I really like candy and sweets!!! So I've been trying everything but I'm afraid to try any thing with artificial colors like jelly beans/ sweedish fish and I miss them!!! I found that I cant eat anything with citric acid and a lot of those candies have it in the ingredients.

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    Oatmeal, flour tortillas, butterscotch, etc.

What about maple & brown sugar oatmeal, flour tortillas, butterscotch, croissants, bacon, parmasean in the can (I heard some can tolerate it?), marshamallows and oreos cookies (the king with the yellow cookie and the white cream filling), alfredo sauce and black eyed peas?

Leave a comment:

• sunshine_77us
    replied
    donuts

I can not eat oatmeal creme pies because the yellow #5 dye and citric acid. The yellow 5 dye tears my bladder up and I have horrible pain and it is in lots of things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X