X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angeles
    replied
    Repliva

Repliva has 140mg of ascorbic acid...+ 60mg of Ester C. I think it already bother my bladder a little.I think the iron, since it is metal will be harsh in the bladder. It is known to be rough in the stomach. It has 81mg of Ferrous fumarate and 70mg of elemental iron (ouch).

Leave a comment:

• Momelf
    replied
    I'd be concerned about the regular Vit C....ascorbic acid. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    Repliva: Iron Pills

OK, thanks for the answers. I started to eat red meat again and today I finally had the itme to go to my gastronterologist office and pick up "Repliva" tables sample. I asked her if I can get iron shots but she wants me to try the pills first. I just had them and don't know if I will react to them or not. These pills have "enhanced GI tolerability" (but how about the bladder? I guss I'll have to exprience it myself. Once a day, it contains 2 types of iron, Vit C abd Ester C (2 forms) Vit B12...mmm.

Has anyone been on this iron pill?

Leave a comment:

• Momelf
    replied
    I'd suggest you check out the possibility that you have gluten-intolerance. Anemia is one of the symptoms. You can have this sensitivity and have no symptoms, so doctors overlook it quite often. Yes, I'm dealing with that issue. I wasn't anemic, but do have a gluten-intolerance.

As it happens, my colleague was just diagnosed with celiac disease...after struggling with anemia. It impacts your immune system, so we get things like IC.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Darlene

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Hello there I have low iron to, but there is no way I can take iron pills, they upset my stomach and also cause contipation<not what I need at all.. But you know there are all sorts of veggies that are IC friendly and have alot of iron in them, But the best way to get the full affect is by eating them raw or steaming them.. Well best of luck

Ronda

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! Have you tried the "Blood Builder" Iron from Mega Foods? You can buy them at the WholeFoods store or buy them online. They are Cold Fusion 'foodstate' Nutrients. Unlike reg. iron pills they don't cause constipation......which is a BIG plus for me! have a good evening! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    started a topic Anemia - Low Iron

Anemia - Low Iron

I got a message from the doctor's office that my blood test show low Iron. I'm not suprised b/c I had low iron a few eyars ago. I was already on Nexiun at that time and it was before IC.
    I remember trying iron pills before IC but they were too heavy on hte stomach. I was also not eating any red meat for a few years.

Doctor wants me to take iron pills again. If it was rough on the stomach before, I can imagine it'll be rough on the bladder. I'm not taking any multivitamins and I don't know if that would be enough to bring my iron level up.

I'm starting to eat red meat again, slowly. I HAVE to bring the iron level up. no wonder my infections are so hard to get rid off.

Any suggestions I'll appreciate.
Working...
X