Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobinD
    replied
    Old fashioned oatmeal, heat in alittle water in microwave for 30 seconds or so. Then I add wheat germ, chopped dates, brown sugar, skim milk. Delicious

Low acid orange juice.

Vanilla nut teeccino (found at health food stores) no caffine, no acid-really good tasting like coffee.

Robin

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    I like to buy the Breakstone brand. I think I get the lower fat 2% instead of the 4%.

Leave a comment:

• sunshine_77us
    replied
    breakfast foods

Kadi
    What brand of cottage cheese do you buy?

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    I like Folgers Low Acid Coffee... they have them in all the grocery stores here in PA.
    I eat Frozen Eggo waffles with no problems also.

Leave a comment:

• snicole
    replied
    hello

my waffles i buy are original,wheat, vegan free. but they do have acid as a last ingredient. doesnt seem to bother me. maybe they dont have a lot in them. i do know if asid was the first or second second ingredient, i would not even try them.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    For low acid decaf coffee, I use Puroast House Blend Low Acid Decaf. I order it directly at www.puroast.com I make it in a Toddy Maker (which further reduces the acid) - it's available in the ICN shop linked at the top of the page.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Chainsaw: I get low acid coffee at Trader Joe's. And I have a toddy maker, which further reduces the acid. You can find toddy cold brewer in the ICN shop. My favorite cereal is honey bunches of oats, but I know it's not okay for everyone with IC. Usually I have an egg.

Donna

p.s. The ICN Shop also has low acid coffee if you don't have a TJ's near you.

Leave a comment:

• Allies40
    replied
    Cinnamon?

I really like cinnamon but I wasn't sure I could have it on the diet. I think I'll try it this AM to see how it works for me.
    Thanks again everyone!

Leave a comment:

• chainsaw
    replied
    Breakfast Ideas

Donna,

What brand of Low-Acid coffee do you drink and where can it be found? Also, what type of cold cereal do you use? I really like my coffee, but I need to find something that is not so hard on the stomach.

Kim

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    1. Quaker Oats
    2. Cereal:
    Nature's Path FlaxPlus Raisin Bran
    Nature's Path Organic MultiGrain OatBran Cereal
    Peace Cereal: Golden HOney Granola
    Trader Joe's Shredded Wheat
    Arrowhead Mills Shredded Wheat
    Barbara's Shredded Wheat
    3. Pan cook some diced veggies (zucchini, red bell pepper, broccoli) & then scramble eggs in them. Good with toast or on a tortilla.
    4. Homemade muffin
    5. Homemade pancakes or waffles (Bisquick is ok for me), 100% pure maple syrup
    6. Liveactive cottage cheese (has fiber in it) with blueberries or pears
    7. Toast, if you put cream cheese on it (make sure to get the cream cheese in the block not the tub, the tub has acid in it).
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Katief1976
    replied
    I eat instant oatmeal at my desk at work in the mornings, I just don't have time before I leave home during the week. I put honey in my oatmeal.
    On weekends I"ve been able to eat waffles or pancakes with natural maple syrup. I like to put fresh blueberries in my pancakes. I can eat eggs too. You can bake yourself some home made blueberry muffins to have on hand. Also I have been good with the Nutri grain brand Blueberry breakfast bars, they are great in a pinch at work. I can eat english muffins with butter. I have also been ok eating a plain bagel with cream cheese.
    I hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• dckos
    replied
    I like the instant oatmeal. I found an organic brand that comes in single serve packets that you can just add milk and microwave. Saves time in the morning before work. Then I add a few blueberries or sliced pears, or you can sweeten with pure maple syrup. Fills me up until lunch time so I'm not tempted to snack mid-morning.

Leave a comment:

• kari1980
    replied
    I get nervous if any of the ingredients has any kind of acid. So I'm not really sure, maybe someone else will know.
    Kari

Leave a comment:

• Allies40
    replied
    Never thought of eggs

I never thought of eggs, but I do love them! I'll have to try that tomorrow. I saw Waffles at the health food store yesterday and I was very tempted, however, they had Absorbic acid listed, I was wondering if that will cause issues? Does anyone know?
    Thanks again! Everyone here is SO helpful!

Leave a comment:

• kari1980
    replied
    I've been eating rice pudding a lot lately for breakfast. I know, boring, but I've just been too lazy to make anything lately.....If I don't have that, then I will make some egg whites and have them on water crackers. (boring again).....that's about it for me lately.

Kari

Leave a comment:

Working...
X