Magnessium??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnessium??

I was just wondering if magnessium is safe to take with the IC? I am having big time constipation issues due to my motility disorder and want to try taking some magnessium as I hear it is helpful with getting the movement of the bowels going. I just want to see if it is IC safe. Any ideas?
    Jen

I take it with no problem.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks Donna. I will give it a try.
      Jen

Comment

Doesn't bother me either. I take it with my calcium pill.

Comment

Magnesium

Yes, it is good for constipation and migraines.
          Arizonian

Comment

magnesium = good!

jen,
            magnesium should be fine for you. it is a natural (albiet mild) muscle relaxant as well.

when i had constipation issues in the past, i used to take lots of vitamin b-50...cleaned me out asap. can't do that anymore . magnesium helps though.
            (Added by ICNMgrJill on 5/19/08. I am sad to share that Verdicries (aka Tracy) lost her life in a tragic accident just a few days ago. We will miss her support, her encouragement, her sense of humor and, of course, the joy that she found as a mother and wife).

Tracy ~ 29 years old with Toxoplasmosis (from birth), Fibro/CFS (since age 13...ouch), severe IC, IBS-D, severe PFD (surgery made it even worse), vulvodynia, hiatal hernia, GERD, ulcers, severe gastritis, numbness/tingling in extremeties, pelvic nerve damage--mainly urethral, urinary retention, pelvic reconstruction 7.10.07 (fixed rectocele, rectal prolapse, lifted bladder, urethra, uterus, and repaired vaginal walls), Raynaud's, 2 severely herniated discs in neck and one in low back, anemia, PCOS, anxiety/depression/panic attacks (since forever). Still having major bowel problems (inability to empty rectum...any ideas?? ).

I'd like to be on House, MD as a medical mystery.

Married to Craig, a saint amongst men...who puts up with me and my eccentricities...

Connor & Mommy by the tree:

Connor with Santa...so happy!

I take: LIQUID Atarax, Flomax, Soma (yet again), acidophilus, Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM & collagen, d-mannose. MAJOR flare from Cystoprotek! Re-trying freeze dried aloe vera w/some decent results!

Tried and failed: Elavil, Ultram, Prosed DS, Benadryl, Bentyl, Valium, Ativan, Zanaflex, Librax, Sanctura (all caused retention among other things), bladder instills (owwwwww!), Elmiron (allergic-throat tightening). Failed Interstim-no feeling in sacral nerves...

I'm allergic to penicillan, sulfa, reglan, quinolones, clindamycin, and now LATEX!

Comment

I take chelated magnesium 2 x per day and ground flax seeds on my cereal. Constipation is somewhat better but I still need to take a jolt of MOM once in a while.

Comment

Before you take it, I would look into seeing if you have IBS. I didn't know until recently that a lot of IC people have IBS. I do, I thought I was the only one until I came on this site. I always got constipated badly. I take Zelnorm now and it helps.
                Mrs. Ridings

I was on...
                Loestrin 24(to prevent period induced flares)
                Elmiron since Feb.'07 for a year and half
                Atenolol for Migraines(caused by elmiron) since June '07(Had to have the amount doubled)
                Tried Prevacid didn't work.
                Tried Axert for migraines didn't work.
                Tried Frova for migraines made worse.
                Atarax Feb.'07-Feb'08
                Used to take IBS meds of all kinds, now I use Yerba Mate guayaki drinks, eating lots of fiber and flax seed, and taking probiotics and added magnesium. My probiotics help w/ flares too.

Now for the occasional flare related to stress, I take probiotic eleven and marshmallow root and it will make it stop and Im fine again. Otherwise I dont have many problems w/ my severe IC like I used to.Thank God!

Find the good in all things and then
                anticipate the good so that you may enjoy it.

(KJV)Psalms 37:
                3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
                4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Comment

Thanks ladies.
                  I dont have IBS, but I do have a neuropathic dysmotility of my small intestines and likely this could be effecting my large bowel as well. I believe my bowels just are not moving to well. This all started after I took a low dose macrodantin last Friday before my instill so that may have caused my bowels to slow up, I dont know though. Thanks for the info though. I did talk to my GI nurse and she said to take the miralax 2 times a day and also if things do not get moving to take 10 ounces of magnesium citrate. I had a BM this afternoon finally, not a huge one, but hey, something is better than nothing I guess. I just wish this severe bloat would go away or at least get better. I am alwaya having upper gut bloating due to my slow gut, but now the lower is all bloated and this just really bites. Thanks again.
                  Jen

Comment

Working...
                  X