X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen74
    replied
    Thanks ladies.
    I dont have IBS, but I do have a neuropathic dysmotility of my small intestines and likely this could be effecting my large bowel as well. I believe my bowels just are not moving to well. This all started after I took a low dose macrodantin last Friday before my instill so that may have caused my bowels to slow up, I dont know though. Thanks for the info though. I did talk to my GI nurse and she said to take the miralax 2 times a day and also if things do not get moving to take 10 ounces of magnesium citrate. I had a BM this afternoon finally, not a huge one, but hey, something is better than nothing I guess. I just wish this severe bloat would go away or at least get better. I am alwaya having upper gut bloating due to my slow gut, but now the lower is all bloated and this just really bites. Thanks again.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• mrsaridings
    replied
    Before you take it, I would look into seeing if you have IBS. I didn't know until recently that a lot of IC people have IBS. I do, I thought I was the only one until I came on this site. I always got constipated badly. I take Zelnorm now and it helps.

Leave a comment:

• izazen
    replied
    I take chelated magnesium 2 x per day and ground flax seeds on my cereal. Constipation is somewhat better but I still need to take a jolt of MOM once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    replied
    magnesium = good!

jen,
    magnesium should be fine for you. it is a natural (albiet mild) muscle relaxant as well.

when i had constipation issues in the past, i used to take lots of vitamin b-50...cleaned me out asap. can't do that anymore . magnesium helps though.

Leave a comment:

• Arizonian
    replied
    Magnesium

Yes, it is good for constipation and migraines.

Leave a comment:

• elsie3205
    replied
    Doesn't bother me either. I take it with my calcium pill.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Thanks Donna. I will give it a try.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I take it with no problem.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    started a topic Magnessium??

Magnessium??

I was just wondering if magnessium is safe to take with the IC? I am having big time constipation issues due to my motility disorder and want to try taking some magnessium as I hear it is helpful with getting the movement of the bowels going. I just want to see if it is IC safe. Any ideas?
    Jen
Working...
X