Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

root canal and IC-friendly pain reliever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emma's Mommy
    replied
    the dentist should give you a script for a pain killer for afterwards, i would not go to a dentist who would not offer one!

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    replied
    Thanks so much!

I've made it through--thanks to all of your help!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

All my best, littlebear

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    Hi Little Bear!
    I hope the pain isn't too bad for you. When I have to take strong pain meds I take Azo along with it! It's really helped my bladder deal with the extra meds. If your bladder doesn't like your pain meds you might try that. Good luck! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    replied
    Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for your replies. I ended up with Tylenol-3, which I haven't used yet. But, I hear that the pain might not set in until the second or third day. On the other hand, my Dr. says that he thinks I must have a very high threshold for pain because he can't understand how my tooth would have gotten so bad without me having lots of pain already. Plus, although I've heard some really awful root canal stories, I've also heard that, sometimes, they're not all that hard to handle. Am sure hoping that he's right and that I'm one of those "sometimes" cases! But, if not, I think I'm ready (thanks to you all!).

Thanks again for all of your help with this.
    Best wishes, littlebear

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    I also feel so much better after it all I have ever taken is Tylenol

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I usually take my Vicodin, but usually after my root canals I feel so much better, that I don't need anything for pain. good luck.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Not trying to scare you but if your dentist thinks that Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Acetaminophen will take the pain away hes nuts.. You need something stronger like Lortab or Darvocets. Over the counter meds will not help..I would make sure he gives you a script before you start the proceedure because you might be kind of out of it after and forget it... And I promise you , you will need it when the numbness starts wearing off.. Good luck!!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Any pain medication you can take should be okay.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I used Darvocet afterwards. But, the pain after the root canal was so much better than the pain before, it was a huge relief to have had it done.

Hope you'll be feeling better soon--

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    replied
    I was given antivan (sp?) for before I went in and then Lortab for after the same thing I take for IC pain. Hopefully you will find something that helps.

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    started a topic root canal and IC-friendly pain reliever?

root canal and IC-friendly pain reliever?

Hi everyone,

I'm having a root canal on short notice (Wed.!) and am wondering if you have any suggestions for IC-friendly pain relief. The dentist says some people take aspirin, which I can't have because I have Meniere's Disease. He says most take Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Acetaminophen, which aren't great for my Meniere's and which set off IC symptoms.

Has anyone had a root canal and used pain relievers that help with the discomfort but that don't hurt their IC?

Best wishes, little bear
Working...
X