Asian Pears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian Pears?

I bought and tried one Asian pear the other day. I only ate half of it, it seems very acidic. I have had pain today and I'm wondering if the pear is the culprit. I eat a regular pear every day and do not have any problems with those. Has anyone else tried an asian pear and had a problem?

Asian Pears?

Asian pears are the pitts! I ate one once and had a 3-week flare because of it. I have no problem at all with regular pears. By the by, I ate some peach pie the other night and had no problems! I also seem to be able to eat cherries. Of course, I'd trade it all in for a yummy cup of coffee anyday!

Comment

wow! Sounds scary! I hope my flare doesnt last that long! I'll cry! Glad I only ate half of it and stopped. I got this bad feeling while I was eating it, because it seems so acidic! They say on this website that most pears are a safe food for us all, there should be some warning somewhere that Asian pears are BAD! I'm really hurting today!

Comment

I eat Asian pears all the time without problems. I think cystoprotek allows me to eat much more liberally...

Comment

I also had more pain when I ate a asian pear. I now only eat the bosc ones. Those I can tolerate, but usually only half.
          Jen

Comment

Thanks for posting gals! I stared at the asian pears in the supermarket for 5 minutes today, ended up not buying any but hurried home to see if I could! I guess I don't want to risk it. It's been awhile since I ate one (pre-IC) but I remember them being a bit tangy, so I guess that's a bad sign anyway. And SoSick, I would also give all the fruit in the world for espresso or a latte!!!!! Even DECAF would be worth some blueberries, haha.
            IC symptoms since Dec. 12 2010 after confirmed bladder infection "never went away." Recently also diagnosed with PCOS, piriformis syndrome, and pelvic floor dysfunction, sinus issues. I was in great health before fall 2010.
            Current medications: citalopram 40 mg, valium 2.5 mgs a night, lidocaine patch (for back pain), Prelief
            Therapies tried or continuing: stretches, walks, baths, internal massage, physical therapy, IC diet, IF unit, heating pad, mindfulness based stress reduction classes, cognitive therapy, books on IC and pelvic pain...

Drugs Tried: the urinary analgesics, 4 kinds of muscle relaxants (including in suppository form), hydroxyzine, 3 kinds of TCA's, lyrica, cymbalta, 6 months elmiron, vesicare, antibiotics, prednisone (after sinus surgery), NSAIDS...
            Supplements: over 20 herbs and supplements, including regimens from TCM practitioner and a naturopathic MD
            Intravesical/Surgical: 3 instills of Uracyst, 2 “rescue instills” lidocaine, bicarb, elmiron; 1 self-instill of marcaine, a steroid, bicarb and heparin; 1 hydrodistention and capsaicin instill (made me worse, still recovering two months later...)
            Other: Acupuncture treatments, magnets (LOL), Anti-Candida Diet (2 months), Wheat free diet, water pH

Comment

Working...
            X