Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traceann
    replied
    LOL! Thanks, I am going to change my copy now!!

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    replied
    oops

Traceann---The first time I posted I forgot to say that I add a third can of black beans at the end that aren't pureed but I went back and fixed it. Just wanted to let you know in case you already printed it out. Sorry!!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    LOL, oh you are WAY too kind, hee hee!!! I have to say, I fell in love with the homemade roasteds, they taste so much better! And to think before IC, I was just buying the jarred kind! (And they really are much easier to peel when you let them "steam" themselves, a bit messy, but easy!) Now, if I want some for that sort of feel (the jarred feel, lol), I roast 'em, then douse them with olive oil, a bit of kosher salt (or sea salt) and a few cracked garlic cloves and pop them in the fridge, yummy!! You have got to let us know how it turns out and I've copied the recipe because it sounds so yummy!!! And good for you too!

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    replied
    thanks!

Traceann--Thanks, OMGsh this is such a great idea. I'm going to try it. I even have some red peppers on hand. I can't wait to try your steam trick to peel the skins off. Sounds easy! And that is such a great idea for pizza sauce too. You are so smart!!!! My soup is going to taste yummy, I just know it.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Hey there! Try roasted red peppers in place of the tomatoes! As a matter of fact, I roast my own (safer that way, lol) and then puree them and use it as a red sauce for homemade pizza's etc. Herbed up it's great!!!

They are easy to roast too, I use my broiler, and char them til the skin is black. Take them out, pop them in a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap for about 15 min to let them steam their skins loose. After that they are a snap to peel and prepare anyway you want!!

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    started a topic recipe substitution ideas?

recipe substitution ideas?

Hey guys, there's this black bean soup recipe that I love but it has a can of diced tomatoes in it. I want to make it without them though. I can't ever really taste the tomatoes anyway.......so I need ideas from all you cooks out there!

Here's how I currently make it.

I blend two cans of black beans and one can of diced tomatoes in the blender. Set aside.

Chop up one onion and cook w/ 1/2 stick butter and some garlic over medium heat. Once that's melted I add the bean tomato puree. Then I add a can of pumpkin puree, another can of black beans, and two cans of beef broth (msg free of course) and 1/4C sherry. Cook on medium heat for 30 min. It's never great the first day but always great the next day. It makes about 8-10 servings I'd guess.

Or should I just make it the same and leave out the tomatoes?

I would love any ideas!!!
    Last edited by LeeAnn; 06-06-2007, 11:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
Working...
X