Clear All

• amartaingirl
    replied
    mint tea

i found that.....Mint tea is a wonderful substitute for my coffee

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    I still have my coffee and with my Topamax, I don't have any pain resulting from the coffee.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    The toddy maker is great. If you start with a low acid coffee, then remove more acid by the cold brewing process, it makes a really low acid coffee. I can have a cup of low acid coffee every day with no problem.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I also miss coffee, but had to give it up in the end. I tried all the decaf low acid coffee's and they still bothered my IC. I found that I rather just give it up than deal with all the pain it was causing. I still miss it, but I rather be in less pain.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Robin TerLaan
    replied
    Kadi...thank you for such a quick response to my coffee question. The more I visit this site the more I am learning. It takes some time to navigate around to access all the info. available. Since I posted the question of coffee I've read alot about coffee and it sounds like it should be completely avoided when in a flare (which I am). I'm more afraid of the headaches with caffeine withdrawal. There is so much to learn...I am newly diagnosed and the potassium challenge test I had sent me into alot of discomfort. Have a great week.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I like the low acid decaf house blend by Puroast. It's still not quite mild enough, but if I make it in the Toddy Maker (also available in the ICN shop), that reduces it's acid more & I can have a cup of it diluted with milk & sugar. I also like it iced, with milk & sugar. For a big treat, it makes a great coffee milkshake with vanilla ice cream & milk.

Cheers!~

Leave a comment:

• Robin TerLaan
    started a topic Coffee

Coffee

Has anyone tried any good acid free coffee that they would recommend. I am really missing my coffee, I've been having one small cup in the morning but it does bother me. HELP!!!! This is a very difficult thing for me to give up.
Working...
X