Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the main foods that contain yeast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the main foods that contain yeast?

I am not a good cook by any means and I am going to try to avoid yeast as much as possible and see if this will keep me from getting yeast infections. Does anyone know what the main foods are that contain yeast?
    Diagnosed with IC - March 2007
    Diagnosed with vulvodynia - June 2007
    -Lots of prayer
    -Taking Elmiron and Hydroxzine (stoppped because of pregnancy)
    -Taking Prelief as needed (stopped because of pregnancy)
    -IC diet

I went to a Nutritionist back in Jan and she had me avoid anything with yeast in it for a month. I couldn't believe all the things that had yeast in it that I didn't know about. I'm trying to remember them, but my memory has been slacking lately, so you'll really have to just get good at reading all the labels. You will be surprised though at how many foods do have yeast in them. Good luck, sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Kari
    Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

Do all breads contain yeast? Please say no, please say no, please say no....
      -Lots of prayer
      -IC diet

Comment

I found this on a website. I know my mom always told me if I got a yeast infection to stop eating sugar or carbs as much as possible. Just lean meats and vegetables b/c the yeast needs carbs in order to grow. So maybe the info I found on this site is true, I don't know for sure though if it's reliable. ??? I just cut and pasted it.

Candida Diet and Foods to Avoid

Candida thrives on carbohydrates, preserved refined foods and mold. Also foods that contain yeast and gluten, a wheat bread protein.

Symptoms often worsen in damp and or moldy places. Also after consumption of food products rich in yeast or carbohydrate (sugars and starches) or after eating any the foods that contain mycotoxins.

To fight candida it is best to prepare for grapefruit seed extract therapy by first performing the 1 week cleansing candida diet above. Reduce all foods high in carbohydrates in order to starve the candida yeast.

A good candida diet will avoid yeast products and fermented foods; vinegar, wine, baker's and brewer's yeast. Tempeh and tamari are potential troublemakers.

Avoid dairy products except (Live cultured yogurt which helps to replenish your intestinal bacteria). Smoked, dried, pickled or cured foods, mushrooms, nut butter (Except almonds and almond butter), fruit juices, dried or candied fruit and coffee, black tea, caffeine, carbonated drinks and alcohol should be eliminated.
        Last edited by ICNDonna; 06-13-2007, 02:35 AM. Reason: Removed advertising site.
        Lee Ann
        Current Rx Meds:
        Atarax, Ditropan, Elmiron
        Prior to pregnancy: The above 3 meds PLUS Neurontin, Topamax, Loratadine, continuous OrthoCyclen, Lidocaine Patches PRN, Temazepam PRN, & Vicodin PRN
        Hooray for babies!
        Misc. lifesavers: Hot baths, ThermaCare Heat Wraps, Ice Packs. The IC Diet has changed my life.
        Didn't work for me:
        Detrol LA, Amitryptiline, Morphine, Percocet, TENS unit, Interferential Pain Stimulator Unit, Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block
        IC (Mod-Severe) since 1996

UPDATE: 5/21/08 Pregnancy and breastfeeding afterwards have alleviated my IC symptoms more than anything, EVER. Most days are 100% pain free & I now have normal frequency (as long as I take these 3 meds).

My little sweetie! Jack weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was born via c-section on Feb. 28, 2008...

Comment

Sorry Kristi, but yes, I think that most breads and bread products contain yeast. My Nutritionist had given me a website of breads you could buy online that don't have yeast, but again, I don't know what it is!! I'm so sorry, I had deleted the website because I never got around to ordering any, but if you do a search I'm sure you could find some. Not sure about the bread in Health food stores, maybe they would have some. But I believe all the traditional breads you would buy in the grocery store would contain yeast.

Kari
          Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

VERY GOOD LEEANN!!.
            I have studied so much about yeast because I am allergic to yeast...
            I can eat some things with yeast but if my body gets over loaded then I have terrible problems..
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
            http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
            http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
            Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks guys for the replys. I guess no more vanilla frostys from Wendy's. Or Golden Oreos, or crazy bread...Well you get the drift. Looks like I better become a better cook.
              -Lots of prayer
              -IC diet

Comment

Kristi,
                The GOOD news is that you probably can still have the Vanilla Frosty from Wendy's!! LOL...I am very diet sensitive and I don't have a problem with them. A lot of people also post that they can even actually have the chocolate ones, even if they are sensitive to chocolate! I haven't been brave enough to try the chocolate though. The Vanilla Frosty's seem to even sooth my bladder, so give it a try, you may be ok with them...

Kari
                Kari

Comment

True sourdough bread is not made with yeast. There are also some unleavened breads available.

Donna
                  Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                  Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                  Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                  X