Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charisse
    replied
    I know it's overwhelming at first but it seems like most people only have a reaction to about 1/4 or half of the foods. So the diet is a guide and it will take time for you to experiment. I have been suffering since mid-April and still am not 100% certain on what is a safe food. I have only noticed definite reactions to red food dyes and artificial sweetners. I also have problems with coffee and soda on some days and some days I don't! I was starting to think there was no diet connection for me and now my dr is not even sure I have IC so it's confusing. I am just trying to eat less processed stuff in general. Also someone else here recently mentioned that drinks seem to bother them more than solid foods which I also think is true for me. Hang in there -it gets easier but I know how emotional it is when you are first diagnosed. What kind of treatment are you receiving besides the diet? What type of symptoms do you have?

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I can eat most meats....just plain tho with no spices. Condiments usually cause me to have a painful bladder. I can eat french fries or mashed potatos.....no peppers. I can eat Mexican food......just not the spicy stuff. I can't eat any Italian food Once in a while I can handle garlic bread. The only drink I can handle is water. I can eat a little milk on cereal (and I can eat granola cereal as long as it doesn't have cranberries in it) I can eat pears, watermelon, apples and grapes for fruit. For veggies I can eat celery, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, green beans, peas, beans and cooked cabbage. Onions and peppers kill me! I can eat most ice creams, but popcicles have citric acid in them so they are a no-no foods. You have to be a label reader. If something has citric or absorbic acid....usually that's a no-no food. Start out slow and try foods......if they bother you, you'll know with in a day. I hardly ever eat the same food 2 nights in a row..exp. if they are foods I'm not sure of. It's trial and error in the begining......good luck! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• mrsaridings
    replied
    Well, that is pretty much up to you. You will just have to eat what you want one food at a time and you will be able to tell if it gives you pain or not. The little pamphlet you get when you are diagnosed has some indicators of what you can eat as well. I just have some burning pain at urination immediately after having something I should not. But it only last like one or two times, then I don't eat that or drink that anymore. I did a bit of experimenting when I was diagnosed. I can't stand the pain, but at least I am clear on what I can or can't eat/drink now. My absolute worst flares come if I have ANY kind of rasberry flavor. I used to drink that type of tea a lot and after taking elmiron, I thought I would see how it did. Horrible. I can't even have rasberry flavored gum. But some people I know, it doesn't even phase their IC. So it really just depends. But I find for me, almost everything organic is fine. My biggest thing now is coffee, but I gotta have it so I just deal with the pain on that. Good luck. It is not as bad as it seems after you have been on the IC diet for awhile. I think it helps me to eat healthier really.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Bug..
    Have you checked this out yet?

http://www.ic-network.com/icchef/

It has some very tasty dishes in it

Leave a comment:

• bug228
    started a topic So what foods CAN I eat?

So what foods CAN I eat?

I was just diagnosed with IC and have lots of papers telling me what I cannot eat, but that's kind of hard for me to tell what I can eat. Or what kind of dishes I can make from the foods that I can eat. If anyone has any suggestions or recipes that they recommend please let me know!
    THANK YOU!!!!!
Working...
X