Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get my omega 3's??

Hi everyone!

My bladder absolutely hates flaxseed oil.Almost immediately I start to feel discomfort and have a terrible flare for two days if I take it. Then with fish oil My bladder gets upset as well. I keep reading about all the great benefits and how important it is to get your omega 3's, and by the way I dont eat fish because I dont feel well bladderwise with most fish..Is there any way I can solve this problem what pills are you all taking that you are doing fine on and don't flare from that will get you your omega 3's?? Thanks so much in advance!

Omega 3

I think Egglands eggs are supposed to be higher in Omega 3 than regular eggs, so if you like eggs you could eat Egglands. Other than that, I take enteric coated fish oil supplement from Wal Mart with no problems to my IC.

Comment

Walnuts and Hellmans mayo if your having a sandwich or salads.

Erika
      IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
      Birth Control

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with ground flax seeds? The jury is still out on them for me. As are white potatoes.

Comment

What about flaxseed?

I eat a lot of flaxseed in cereals. I am always eating organic cereals with organic milk. Some grocers have them. I like this one cereal called Optimum, Blueberry w/ flax and omegas in it. It is really really good, filling, and helps with bladder stuff. I am big on eating healthy and watching my weight too, so it is good with that. I also have IBS, and I find it helps that. I can't take meds for that,but you can try it. Good luck.
          Mrs. Ridings

I was on...
          Loestrin 24(to prevent period induced flares)
          Elmiron since Feb.'07 for a year and half
          Atenolol for Migraines(caused by elmiron) since June '07(Had to have the amount doubled)
          Tried Prevacid didn't work.
          Tried Axert for migraines didn't work.
          Tried Frova for migraines made worse.
          Atarax Feb.'07-Feb'08
          Used to take IBS meds of all kinds, now I use Yerba Mate guayaki drinks, eating lots of fiber and flax seed, and taking probiotics and added magnesium. My probiotics help w/ flares too.

Now for the occasional flare related to stress, I take probiotic eleven and marshmallow root and it will make it stop and Im fine again. Otherwise I dont have many problems w/ my severe IC like I used to.Thank God!

Find the good in all things and then
          anticipate the good so that you may enjoy it.

(KJV)Psalms 37:
          3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
          4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
          5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Comment

I use Eggland's Best eggs also. And Nature's Path Raisin Bran with flax seed.
            Trader Joe's makes an oatmeal with flax seed also. I don't know if the flax seeds (not oil) would be okay for you, but might be worth checking out.

Kidney beans, winter squash & olive oil are other sources of Omega-3s.
            Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
            I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
            Source - Pinterest
            "

Current treatments:
            -IC diet
            -Elavil 50mg at night
            -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
            -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
            -Pyridium if needed,
            -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
            -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
            -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
            -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
            -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
            -Managing stress= VERY important!
            -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

fishhh

the thing is I am trying to go on a gluten free diet because I want to see if that helps with my bladder and recurring yeast infections...... when I eat fish my bladder feels shooting pains, like razor sharp ones! Its stramge because some things I eat just cause me to feel a terrible burning sensation in my vagina, other things hurt my stomach and bladder..... I almost feel as if I have another disease on top of IC.... thanks for all the responses !!!

Comment

Almonds?
                30 year old Mother, Midwife, Birth Doula, Herbalist, and Massage Therapist with sudden onset of IC approx. 2/16/05 (after a PAP smear and routine gynecological exam). I tried a HUGE list of natural and alternative treatments (including Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe, Aloe gel, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, L-Argenine, Quercitin/Bromelain, Marshmallow Root...etc) for the first 9 months of having IC, without much relief, until I finally researched and started Elmiron.

My experience:
                ~Previously took Elmiron 100mg three times a day
                (9/29/05-7/06)
                ~Experimented with dosage (1-2 Elmiron a day recapped into a plain gelcap) and did well with occasional mild flares. (7/06-9/09)
                ~Stopped all together at the 1 year mark (9/29/06) for 10 days. Still felt good, with low-level symptoms.
                ~Decided to go back on it (10/16/06) to see if another year on it will bring me into full (zero symptoms) remission. Currently taking 1-2 pills a day, recapped into a plain gelcap.
                ~ 6/08...Tried to go off Elmiron again, had huge flare at the 3 week mark, went back on 100mg once a day for maintenance.
                -I went off Elmiron for 2 months due to pregnancy and had a complete relapse of IC symptoms to pre-diagnosis levels of pain/frequency. I then went back on Elmiron at 10-12 weeks, but was unable to take it further due to severe morning sickness. The 2nd/3rd trimesters were MUCH better IC-wise, and postpartum is the best I have felt in years. I am no longer on Elmiron for now.
                -20 month postpartum remission from 4/17/09 to 12/10/10.
                -Out of remission after a pap smear on 12/10/10. Pap smears are obviously the main IC trigger for me. Currently trying to cope with loss of the remission.

Also doing:
                ~Sugar-free/gluten free and strict IC diet (With an emphasis on organic, alkaline and whole foods)
                ~Prenatal DHA/Fish oil supplement
                ~Vitamin D supplement
                ~Culturelle probiotic

Comment

Working...
                X