Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hint flavored water

Hey all,
    I heard about this new flavored water called hint. It comes in several varieties..supposedly it has nothing artificial in it...just natural flavor and water. I went on their website they have a pear flavored and mint flavored and cucumber....so there are a few flavors that might work for us.

But then I checked out where you can order it online and it costs $44 for a pack of 24 160z bottles. Are they insane! I'm not bill gates here. Did anyone try these? I wonder if whole foods would have any. Errrrrrrrr...why is the stuff with less ingredients always so damn expensive? I don't get it...it should be cheaper!!!!

I wonder if Hint has citric acid? Most flavored drink does have it. I couldn't find exact contents on their website. Let us know if you find some at Whole Foods and if it's cheaper than an arm and a leg! LOL Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
    Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
    Dx'd Hypothyroid
    Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
    June 2007
    Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
    First Cysto 1979
    First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
    Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
    Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
    Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
    Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
    Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
    Bladder surgery 2000
    Dx'd: IBS 2000
    Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
    Laminectomy 1989
    Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
    I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

I drink bottle spring water, and find if a flavor is added, then it is easier to drink more water. Drinking water is a forced situation with me with the constant urgency. There are days I really fail at this task! Big time! I bought a couple of packages of those little cystal lite type cool aid that one can add to the water bottles, but they too were expensive. I considered buying a big container and getting a samll spoon or funnel to save money.

ads

Comment

Sometimes when I'm sick of drinking plain water, I'll put a tablespoon or two of pear juice or blueberry juice in it with ice. It's not as caloric as a full glass of juice, but not so boring as plain H20.
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Working...
        X