Pendulum guidance for food choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pendulum guidance for food choices

I am an Advanced Second Degree Reiki student, and we had a class on the use of a pendulum to guide us in making food choices. (I KNOW this sounds way too new-agey, but just hear me out!) I tuned into this idea right away because of my IC. It seems that as I get older, more and more foods end up on my "can't eat" list--foods that didn't bother me before. So I can't take for granted that, say, soy milk will never hurt my bladder because it never did in the past. Now it does!
    Here's how I use the pendulum. (You ask it "yes" or "no" questions.) Of course my question is always, "Will this food hurt my bladder?" If the pendulum swings from side to side, that is "no". If it moves back and forth, toward me and away, that is "YES" and I do not touch that food!! Sometimes my bladder will hurt and I'll be wondering if I ate something I shouldn't have. I'll ask it IF the pain is due to something I ate, and if it says yes, then I scroll through what I ate to find out what it was. Last week, though, I had bladder pain, and was in the midst of finals. The pendulum told me it wasn't a food that was bothering me--it was stress.
    My acupuncturist also uses a pendulum to guide her in food choices. We each keep one in our purse, one in the car, one in the kitchen, etc!!
    Again, I know it sounds a little out there, but the pendulum really helps me. And it is consistent! For example, hoping against hope, I keep asking it if coffee will hurt my bladder--and it ALWAYS says yes (darn it!!! I love coffee!!!). I'm just adding this thread because I figure we ICersl can use all the help we can get!!
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 05-25-2009, 04:29 PM. Reason: Removed advertising.

loving it!

I just started using a pendulum as well for food and supplements, it has been wonderufl. I suggest everyone get one and begin using your own energy to heal!

Comment

Could you explain what a pendulum is and how it is thought to work?
      Thank you,
      Karen

Comment

Pendulum use

Hi Rocklandgal,

In my Reiki class they didn't actually tell us WHY the pendulum works. They demonstrated HOW it works to indicate a "yes" or "no" answer to a question. For me, a "yes" is the pendulum swinging back and forth, towards me and away. "No" is the pendulum swinging side to side. (For my acupuncturist, "yes" is swinging in a circle clockwise; "no" is swinging in a circle counterclockwise.) It's not the same for everyone.

You can purchase a pendulum, or make your own from some kind of small weight hanging from a string (like a nut or bolt). Hold the string in two fingers and let the pendulum hang in front of you. Ask it, "Show me my 'yes'." Or you can ask it an obvious question like, "Is the grass green?" It will answer yes by swinging whatever "yes" is for you. Then you can ask it, "Show me my 'no'--or ask it an obvious question whose answer is 'no' like, "Does it snow in the summertime?" It will swing whatever is "no" for you.

As for WHY it works, the book I have states, "We don't really know." There seem to be all sorts of theories involving left-brain/right-brain connections, etc. You could google it to see what you find out.

For me, it is a wonderful tool to help me avoid foods that are going to hurt my bladder--especially in a restaurant, where I don't always know what the ingredients are!

Try it! Email me with any questions!

Molly

Comment

Thanks for posting this. It is a very useful tool that I had heard about long ago, but forgotten.

I even found a lost object the other day which was amazing. I asked yes or no questions. Is it in the family room, is it near the chair etc.

THANKS!!
          Started having problems in April 2009. I'm doing really well since I found this site in June 2009. THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!

What has helped me:
          Diet--I use a pendulum to see if a food will hurt my bladder--sounds weird, but it works! Here's a thread on this board about it:
          http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...light=pendulum
          Cystoprotek
          Prelief
          Marshmallow Root Tea
          Bio-identical hormone replacement
          Liquid MSM

Comment

I've never heard of such a thing. Intriguing, for sure.

-Started having symptoms in May 2009.

-Doing pretty well on diet alone.

Comment

Interesting! Never heard of this...have heard of the " 8 ball-little black ball)? I don't know, I maybe dating myself here!

Comment

I remember those little black balls. You asked them questions and they were supposed to give the right answers. My kids also played with a Ouiji Board that was supposed to answer questions, but never did.

Donna
                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

If you haven't tried this because it is so wacky you should!! It works amazingly well for me. It's like have a wonderful helper by my side.

I asked it if I should continue taking the various supplements I bought since getting these symptoms. It said yes on the Cystoprotek and Prelief and no on the rest.

Today I was at the theatre and I need a snack because I didn't bring one. I asked if there was anything there that wouldn't hurt my bladder. It said yes. Then I just asked about the things I was thinking of until I got a yes on a sugar cookie.

I wanted some non-vanilla ice cream at the grocery store, but was overwhelmed by the flavors at the store. I wanted mint choc chip, but it said no. It said yes on the mint cookie and I have had it twice with no problems. I didn't have a pendulum so I used my car keys!

I guess it's just a way to get a definite on your intuition, but it hasn't steered me wrong so far.

I am going to get a full hormonal work up on Tuesday. I was trying to decide which doctor and it was definitely in favor of one over the the other so we will see...
                  Started having problems in April 2009. I'm doing really well since I found this site in June 2009. THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!

What has helped me:
                  Diet--I use a pendulum to see if a food will hurt my bladder--sounds weird, but it works! Here's a thread on this board about it:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...light=pendulum
                  Cystoprotek
                  Prelief
                  Marshmallow Root Tea
                  Bio-identical hormone replacement
                  Liquid MSM

Comment

angels

i dont know why but i do beleive we all have our own angel for guidence maybe its this that controls the pendulam . Or it could just be me whos a little cooky lol .
                    My angel is called cora x ask urs its name x

diagnosed ibs july 2009
                    waiting for urodynamics and cytoscopy

love and hugs xx
                    shelley

Comment

Working...
                    X