Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smilesplease
    replied
    Thanks Donna and Briza, Sounds like I'll stay away from the chlorine. I hope the ocean water works OK for me, like it does for you ladies.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Ocean water doesn't bother me at all --- I wish I could go back to Hawaii right now! Our Oregon coast water is just plain cold, cold, cold. Lake water is okay for me too. The only thing that really bothers me is clorine and I just don't get in a pool that has it.

We have a small pool at home for summer use and we use Baquacil to keep it germ free. It works well for me.

I do okay in restaurants as long as I stick with basic foods. If there's a place where I can order breakfast all day, that's the easiest thing for me. I can also get away with fish, potatoes (I usually order a baked potato with toppings on the side), grilled chicken (no seasoning). If you know where you'll be eating, you should be able to check menus on the internet so you can do a little pre-planning.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Donna

Leave a comment:

• smilesplease
    started a topic trying to travel with IC for a week

trying to travel with IC for a week

Hi, I am trying to travel to the beach out of town for a week. This will be the first trip besides a one nighter, that I have been on since all this pain started with IC. Does anyone have trouble with swimming in pools, sea water or lake water or even hot tubs in a hotel? Do you get flares? I seem to be in a constant flare and don't want to make anything worse.
    How do you handle eating in restraunts for a whole week. I usually cook at home from scratch every night, because I can't risk it. Thanks for any help and advise.
Working...
X