Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ginger Oil bad for IC? Terrible yeast problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h808
    replied
    anything with ginger seems to increase my frequency.

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Ginger Tea

I drank ginger tea 2-3 weeks ago with no effects on my IC. I have always used it in the past for upset stomach. BUT I've never used Ginger oil. I also have to make the tea weak, because if I make it too strong it has the opposite effect and upsets my stomach. Good luck and go slow.

Leave a comment:

• bluetou
    replied
    I have yet to try ginger, I have wanted to, but am hesitant, as I have been feeling so good, it is on my "try it list"...but have yet to go for it.

As far as oil of oregeno, I do take this, without any issue but it is the pure oil of oregeno. But we are all so different so maybe just go slow at first to test the oil.

When I first started the oil of oregeno, I only took one drop (from an eyedropper) that was it, then I built up to five drops.

Hope this helps.
    Peace
    Blue

Originally posted by valkay18 View Post
    I am thinking of taking the "Now" brand Oregano Oil capsules to help fight yeast, but I noticed that they contain Ginger Oil too. Would this flare up my IC? I am pretty sure ginger itself would, but not sure about the oil. Thoughts? I did a search on the forum & didn't really come up with anything about the oil. Hoping someone has had experience with it!

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Ginger is on the "Try it" list --- I would approach with caution. Is your yeast infection being treated by a physician? There are some very effective medications available.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• valkay18
    started a topic Is Ginger Oil bad for IC? Terrible yeast problem!

Is Ginger Oil bad for IC? Terrible yeast problem!

I am thinking of taking the "Now" brand Oregano Oil capsules to help fight yeast, but I noticed that they contain Ginger Oil too. Would this flare up my IC? I am pretty sure ginger itself would, but not sure about the oil. Thoughts? I did a search on the forum & didn't really come up with anything about the oil. Hoping someone has had experience with it!

Thanks!!
Working...
X