• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    KatieB
    ICN Member

• KatieB
    replied
    I've started drinking Roastaroma in the mornings when my husband has his coffee. He actually has always (since we married almost 23 years ago) brought me coffee in bed every morning. That's all the romance I need!! Anyway, NOW he brings me my coffee cup with hot water and I keep the teabags in my night stand. It's not coffee but it's SOMETHING!!!

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    ICN Member

• cmclien
    replied
    I drink the reduced acid coffee from Hevla and take 3 prelief with it. Usually it doesn't bother me then. I only drink it in the morning and the rest of the day I stick with the acceptable teas, caffix and roastaroma. Caffix actually foams when you microwave it, I like it with vanilla creamer and whip cream, makes me feel like I'm drinking a latte lol

But for you how about that totally acid free decaf coffee thats on this website? I have wondered about it, has anyone tried it.

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    ICN Member

• bob04951
    replied
    Ah, those cravings. They can sometimes really get to you. Bob does drink Kafix and it just takes some getting used to (like the marshmallow root tea LOL). He actually made a pot of decaf coffee a couple of weeks ago behind my back and went into a flare almost immediately. MEN. He would rob a bank if it meant he could eat a pizza or have spaghetti and sauce. It was his favorite thing. But coffee, there are alternatives and what works for one, well, you all know how that goes. Good luck all. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• luvsterriers
    ICN Member

• luvsterriers
    replied
    I have had IC since I was 22. My IC has gotten worse and worse as the years go on. College life was bad, then having a boyfriend made it worse. Now it's having to deal with ignorant co workers who put me down and the cost of parking and train per month ($200 a month) Got to find a job closer to home or work from home. I miss coffee too. I have tried Kava and it gave me flares. I have tried Pero, Cafix, Teaccino and all made my feel bloated. I just stick with water, pear juice or skim milk. I may try baby juices too. I even tried Puroast coffee. They sent me a free sample. The taste was downright awful to me. I tried putting in sugar and it didn't help. It gave me flares too. I also have acid reflux disease which makes it bad too.

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    ICN Member

• KatieB
    replied
    I've decided that my "treat" when the girls stop at Starbucks is a med skim steamer w/ 1/2 pump of vanilla. I'm starting to sound like I speak another language, but if I order it like that it's not too sweet and not too heavy. And it makes me feel almost "normal" to sit with everybody else and their Starbucks cups, lol!!! But someday.....coffee!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kathy in Canada
    ICN Member

• Kathy in Canada
    replied
    coffee and IC

I have had IC for 4 years and during that time I didn't have any coffee. But these past few months I have once in awhile a tall decaf, skim milk latte.I have had them at Starbucks, at home and at some small local coffee shops. I just make sure they put in lots of milk. They don't bother my bladder. I of course would not have one on a day I am having bladder pain. Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    ICN Member

• KatieB
    replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    ICN Member

• bubbe1
    replied
    coffee

Originally posted by KatieB View Post
    It's so crazy!! I've never been much of a tomato sauce eater because its usually upsets my stomach. But since I've been on this IC diet, I seem to want everything that's a no-no!! I want all kinds of Italian food, I really wanted to make chili today since it's so cold, I want lemon on my avocado. I want, I want, I want!!! I feel like a little kid!! I never ate those things before but suddenly they have become VERY important, lol!! A mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Mine got wasted a long, long time ago. 'Nough said!

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    ICN Member

• KatieB
    replied
    It's so crazy!! I've never been much of a tomato sauce eater because its usually upsets my stomach. But since I've been on this IC diet, I seem to want everything that's a no-no!! I want all kinds of Italian food, I really wanted to make chili today since it's so cold, I want lemon on my avocado. I want, I want, I want!!! I feel like a little kid!! I never ate those things before but suddenly they have become VERY important, lol!! A mind is a terrible thing to waste

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    ICN Member

• bubbe1
    replied
    coffee

Hi Katie
    I hope you're feeling better. I'm not a coffee drinker myseld, so that is one thing I don't miss. I can understand the craving thing though. The other day, much to my embarrassment, I actually ran my finger around a tin of Marie Calander's Lasagne. My husband had just finished eating the lasagne and I thought if I didn't have a bit of the sauce that was left on the edges, I was going to die(okay, not really die, but at least be darned cranky)! It was soooo good and believe it or not ,it helped with the craving and didn't bother my bladder. It was just a drop, though. Whatever works!

P.S. Re your Yorkie. I love it!

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    ICN Member

• KatieB
    replied
    Thanks everyone!!

I'm keeping all this information "on file" because one day I will have something at least resembling coffee again. I was just feeling especially whiney earlier. Right now, I'm just sticking with my water. Blah. But, it doesn't make me hurt more, so there's that!

Also, totally off topic, my 5 lb yorkie has almost successfully pushed me off the bed. LOL. Get your laughs where you can!!

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    Support Leader

• kadi
    replied
    Kava doesn't work for my IC, gave me a flare same as any other coffee.
    But, I really like a cup of hot milk with a teaspoon of Pero (coffee substitute) and sugar.
    I get it from the ICN shop or from Whole Foods when they have it, which unfortunately isn't all the time...

Leave a comment:

• Grandmav
    ICN Member

• Grandmav
    replied
    Coffee

I have tried a coffee called Kava. It is, believe it or not, made by the Smuckers company. It is rich with a chocolaty aftertaste. My urologist told me about it. It is an instant coffee - so it's convenient as well. It has very little caff in it. You can go to www.kavacoffee.com and they can tell you where to buy, or you can order. I'd pick up a jar first, since our bladders are the pickiest thing ever -(mine is).
    Also Javacid is awesome, too. I've just gotten so hooked on Kava I don't want anything else!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied

Donna

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    ICN Member

• KatieB
    started a topic Coffee :(

Coffee :(

I truly haven't missed my coffee since I was dx'd with IC...until this morning. And I don't know why TODAY of all days. I've been throwing up since lunch yesterday (knock on wood, not since 6 this morning). But after I got so sick this AM, the only thing I could think about was 1 cup of coffee. For some reason, that was the only thing that sounded good. I didn't drink it, thank goodness. But it's 4:00 PM and I'm still thinking about that coffee. I'm not anywhere close to being able to try things on the caution list but my brain is stuck on coffee. There's really no advice I'm thinking anyone can give me about this. Because I've read all the suggestions for coffee "replacements" and, frankly, I just want coffee.
    Anyway, I just wanted to vent to somebody. I can't vent to my husband because he still drinks his every morning. I don't want to make him feel bad and he shouldn't have to give up his fix because I do. So thanks for listening.
Working...
X