Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meditate
    replied
    I know how you feel. I reeaaaally wish I could have coffee. I only have mild IC, so sometimes I'll have some - no more than 12 oz, mixed with lots of almond milk. And I have to make myself be good with the rest of the IC diet so I don't have a flare. I'm usually okay with that.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Could the Hawaiian coffee your grandma drank be Kona coffee?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied
    I was also of the impression that Kava is just a milder brew/blend of regular coffee. Is it from Hawaii or am I thinking of something else? I could have sworn that my grandma used to drink "Kava" coffee from Hawaii. I don't know about the safety of Prelief. It hurts my stomach really bad and others have reported the same issue so I would maybe try Prelief on its own first in case you have a similar reaction.

Leave a comment:

• GodgrantsMercy
    replied
    How often do you find yourself using Ambien?

Leave a comment:

• tjcoch
    replied
    I'm able to enjo Tylers acid free decaffeinate coffee.

Leave a comment:

• sdm
    replied
    I just picked up some Kava (haven't tried it yet). From what I read on the label it doesn't seem much different from real coffee and just taking Prelief along with it. ??? Is it even safer to take Prelief with it anyway? Better for the bladder as a special occasion treat rather than an everyday thing? Any chance this with a tiny piece of white chocolate will ever replace my old ritual of real coffee with a tiny piece of super dark chocolate?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    P.S. I can have ONE cup of Kava --- it's not the best tasting coffee going, but it's passable and if you haven't had coffee for a while, it tastes pretty good. I suggest that if you try it, you have only a small amount, like 1/2 cup, until you are sure your bladder isn't annoyed by it.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Originally posted by Grandmav View Post
    YUP! Been there and know how you feel. We are all here for everyone to vent to. If I didn't have my pals here at the IC Network - you'd have to scrape my brains off the ceiling - my head would explode!!!
    Sometimes Pero and all that just doesn't cut it for me. What I do is drink Kava mixed with Javacid. You can get Kava on Amazon. It is real de-acidified coffee. Javacid is an additive you put in the coffee which further reduces the acidity (you can get it at javacid.com). Not sure if you've tried acid-free coffees with success before, as opposed to the herbal stuff. I usually drink a cup of Kava (with Javacid) every morning with no problems, but I am one lucky lady - my problems with IC aren't as bad as most. The stuff just rocks. I added it to tomato soup and had no problems. It was a small cup of soup, though.
    I realize that this was started in 2011 - so I hope you're better by now!!! Just sayin' though: If you are throwing up I suggest low sodium broth though. Coffee is rough on the innards. Weird what our bodies want sometimes. Sometime I crave a hot dog so bad I could scream.
    Good luck to you and get some rest!!
    Good news! Kava instant coffee is available in most large grocery stores.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied
    Oh yes coffee, glorious coffee. Ironically teecino and all the other substitutes flare me worse. I really wish I could say I didn't miss it so much but I do. I can have an espresso with lots of milk once in a great while but regular coffee is too acidic.

Leave a comment:

• Grandmav
    replied
    Been there!

YUP! Been there and know how you feel. We are all here for everyone to vent to. If I didn't have my pals here at the IC Network - you'd have to scrape my brains off the ceiling - my head would explode!!!
    Sometimes Pero and all that just doesn't cut it for me. What I do is drink Kava mixed with Javacid. You can get Kava on Amazon. It is real de-acidified coffee. Javacid is an additive you put in the coffee which further reduces the acidity (you can get it at javacid.com). Not sure if you've tried acid-free coffees with success before, as opposed to the herbal stuff. I usually drink a cup of Kava (with Javacid) every morning with no problems, but I am one lucky lady - my problems with IC aren't as bad as most. The stuff just rocks. I added it to tomato soup and had no problems. It was a small cup of soup, though.
    I realize that this was started in 2011 - so I hope you're better by now!!! Just sayin' though: If you are throwing up I suggest low sodium broth though. Coffee is rough on the innards. Weird what our bodies want sometimes. Sometime I crave a hot dog so bad I could scream.
    Good luck to you and get some rest!!
    Last edited by Grandmav; 08-01-2013, 11:30 AM. Reason: add comments and take off the quote (made it too long)

Leave a comment:

• Faithc
    replied
    smashley, i didn't know that they made chai!?! We don't have that here, but you are right they ARE AMAZING AND TASTE LIKE STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Faithc
    replied
    About the coffee substitute, I have just been dx'd, but used these for years with good results and no pain. TEECCINO (teh-CHEE-no) is a caffiene free, non acidic blend that you brew like coffee and is a medium roast .They are in your local health food stores and YUMMY. Here are the names and their ingredients so you can see for yourself. ALMOND AMARETTO =contains=Organic carob ,organic barley, organic chicory, dates, almonds, natural amaretto flavor, organic dates, figs. VANILLA NUT =contains= Organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, dates, almonds, figs, natural vanilla extract, natural nut flavor. They have a JAVA FLAVOR that i like but says it has coffee flavorings so??? JAVA FLAVOR =contains= Organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, dates, almonds, natural coffee flavor, organic figs.

Leave a comment:

• smashley
    replied
    It was so hard for me to give up coffee, but let me tell you Teeccino has saved my life! It is both acid FREE, not just low acid and caffeine FREE! The best one is the chai which does not have any acual tea in it what so ever but some spices make it taste sooo good! This does not taste like a coffee alternative but is just as good as coffee! Try it! Yum!

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    I'll give mine a big hug if you tell Bob to give you one!!!

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    You are so lucky to have your hub. Gosh, there are marriages that have broken up over this. Give him a big hug from us, and yes, sometimes that is all the romance you need. An understanding, empathetic spouse. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X