soy lecithin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soy lecithin

Anyone know if soy lecithin is ok for us ? it is in EVERYTHING ! and driving me to distraction!

I can't tolerate it.

MG
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Labels, labels, labels. Some Newman's dressings have no soy, also Brianna's which you can find in the organic section. We find the poppy seed dressing very "friendly" and always in moderation. Just a little good olive oil and apple cider vinegar works as well. Maybe EVOO and pear, or blueberry juice? If you can tolerate other berries you can make your own rasberry or other berry vinagerette using apple cider vinegar (it is alkaline, but know some can't take it) It seems to be easier to make it ourselves rather than wasting our time reading all those LABELS. Yeah, that soy is everywhere. It was supposed to be the wave of the future back in the 70's. Hmmmm.....Jill, wife of Bob

Comment

Soy products are not a problem for me.

Comment

I have found by reading lots of labels for what ever reason that no name brans or store brands sometimes don't use soy when the orginal does. My son and I are both allergic to it, not badly but enough to avoid it. Beware of all vag shortening. I did not look at it close enough and bought it and then my son read the lable it was all made of soy, dugh soy is a veg.

It is a big business it is supposed to be cheaper to produce than other oils, big manufactures some how have gotten the FDA and other groups on side and now some farmers are forced into growning it at the expense of not growing other oils. Because their is lots of demaned for it.

I have found for me I use saffa oil or sunflower seed oil. These are both nice and light oils, you can cook at high heats with them, are on the recomended list for high cholestrol, not all oils act the same once in your body. they are generally more money but you can ussally get them anywher, I only use a small amount of oil any ways.

For dressing there is no limit as to what you can make yourself, also marinades, and sauces such as BBQ.

But becareful of most ready made foods, read the lables. When I was researching about soy. In case you don't know, when at the bottom it says and or may contain soy, and it not in the ingrendence list, this means that soy was used in the same manufactoring plant maybe even the same machine, but not added to this product. They do this to cover their butts incase some trace amounts were left in the machine and you have a bad allergies, such as in the case of people with peanut and some gulten allergies, and some gets in the food. Also I read the ingredeces are supposed to be in order of most to least, so products are made up of mostly of the top 4 itme in the list.

Haveing said all this I can get away with eating it in very small amounts.

MG
          My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

I have no problem with it.

Comment

Working...
            X