can we eat marshmellows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we eat marshmellows

Anyone? I am looking for something other than organic black licorice that I can eat and I thought I read a post once that said they were "ok"

I can have them --- I'm diabetic so have to limit.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I like to make a mix of gorilla munch cereal, and throw in a few white chocolate chips, almonds and marshmallows. Makes for a good snack to take to the movies!

Comment

marshmallows

I ate almost an entire bag of mini marshmallows one day,(so bad!), and they didn't bother me at all.

Comment

I can get them as well. I like them toasted though.

Comment

Other Candies

I have a serious sweet tooth and I'm not a fan of white chocolate. I love black licorice, but it's hard to find the right flavor I like. I don't care for the bitter or salty black licorice. My all time favorite is one they make in Finland. I've only seen it in Finland, Sweden, and the airport in Amsterdam. It's funny that you can find other Fazer candy here in the states, but not the sweet licorice. Anyway...

I've been doing a lot of searching for IC safe candies... here are some other suggestions:
            - Butter toffee (break into chips to add to Tollhouse cookie recipe)
            - Caramel
            - Some taffy
            - White Rabbit Creamy Candy (can be found in Asian markets)

I'm thinking that certain Jelly Belly flavors would be safe too, but haven't tried them.
            Don't take my word, be your own health care advocate. Research everything and make an educated decision on what treatments you think are right for you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
            - Albert Einstein

~ Lisa
            My Store: http://www.zazzle.com/saveena*

Comment

Hi. I eat Werther's originals as my go to candy. I also eat jarred fluff spread on IC friendly graham crackers.
              God grant me the Serenity to get through each day and get home to my fur babies and my loving husband.
              -Currently Taking: Atarax, Cystoprotek, Folic Acid, Acidopholus, Prelief, and Prevacid.

Comment

I never had a problem with them. I also like marshmellow fluff.
                Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
                -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Marshmallows are great, IC safe (for me) and they make one of my all time favourite treats: Rice Krispie Squares! Seriously, I love those things. I hadn't had any in years because it never occurred to me (they seemed to belong to the realm of 'things my mom made for me'). But, once I figured out I had to change my diet because of IC, I rediscovered the joy of Rice Krispie squares. They only take a few minutes to make ... and eat
                  Me: Canadian. 31.

IC symptoms: Cramping, burning, frequency. Pain!

Pain management: Ibuprofen. AZO. Marijuana. Prelief. The IC Diet.

My IC-safe, Gluten-free, Lactose-free food blog:
                  Good for Your Guts

Comment

Are rice krispy's on the safe list? I looove them!

Rachael

Comment

Hi! I have a serious sweet tooth like all of you.. can any of you give me suggestions about chocolate. I am miserable without it and since I am can't seem to have it these days I am wanting it more! Also, breakfast ideas? I love cereal but I don't know what to eat anymore! Thank you for any ideas

Comment

I usually eat Cheerios every morning for breakfast with sugar and 2% milk. I love it, always have and haven't had any IC problems with it. As far as chocolate goes I just ordered some of the carob candy out of the IC shop here. I never had much luck with carob before. But that was when I could eat as much of the real thing as I wanted. Since I can't have chocolate anymore, I'm willing to try carob again. I'll let you know!!
                        Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
                        Lexapro-20 mg
                        Aciphex
                        Ambien-as needed
                        Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
                        Valium-10 mg x2 per day
                        Phenergan-1 at night
                        Prelief w/everything
                        Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
                        Heating pad
                        Hot baths
                        Ice
                        Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

Hi Katie,
                          Thank you for the suggestions! I saw the carob candies on the site as well and was considering them myself. Please let me know how they are. I would like to know what you think of them before I order them. I have seen some recipes out there with carob powder in them...sounds interesting. I guess you use that in place of cocoa powder! This whole IC diet thing gets frustrating huh! Maria

Comment

Hey Maria,

I eat carob or white chocolate (Ghiradelli is my fav). For cereal I eat Organic sweetened corn flakes from Trader Joe's.
                            God grant me the Serenity to get through each day and get home to my fur babies and my loving husband.
                            -Currently Taking: Atarax, Cystoprotek, Folic Acid, Acidopholus, Prelief, and Prevacid.

Comment

Hi Julia! Thank you for the suggestions! I will try them for sure. I noticed you take Cystoprotek..what do you think of that by the way? I am going to the doctor this week and I am going to see about getting on it but was concerned about it interacting with my other meds and I do not want to go on Elmiron! Thanks! Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X