Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Sometimes it's difficult to get enough potassium to maintain health, since some of the major sources are found in foods not okay for anyone with IC. I haven't tried quinoa, but just might give it a whirl.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Landish
    replied
    I mix quinoa with white rice or eat it with green salad so it won't be so concentrated.

Leave a comment:

• klite
    replied
    I eat quinoa frequently too (I also follow a gluten-free diet) and have not noticed a problem IC wise. I was wondering though if you are rinsing it enough? Apparently the husk of the quinoa is very bitter -- you can see it foam up off of the quinoa while you are simmering it. Maybe you can try getting a pre-washed brand and then rinse it again. I use Eden Organic Quinoa -- I rinse it before I cook it and then I just skim off whatever foam collects on the top during the first couple of minutes of cooking. In the past, I have had other bulk-bin quinoa that I rinsed before AND after cooking it. Good luck and safe eating!

Leave a comment:

• lalarainbow
    replied
    I use quinoa on a regular basis and have no problem with it.. I love it.. and it is truly amazing how it expands- a little goes along way..

Leave a comment:

• IamBlessed
    started a topic Quinoa and potassium?

Quinoa and potassium?

I feel like maybe a lot of ICers use quinoa. Especially those like me who cannot eat gluten. Does anyone have trouble with quinoa? I've been in an unexplained flare and I'm trying to find answers. I looked up quinoa and it is high in potassium. Bananas make me flare...any info is helpful!

Thanks everyone

wishing you all happy pee days
Working...
X