Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmclien
    replied
    I would definitely have an issue with only a liter in 10 hours. I am not sure why I need so much water but definitely the more I drink the better I feel, maybe because it either keeps the bladder kind of washed out or dilutes it if there is a high concentration of acid.
    Glad you are feeling better.

Leave a comment:

• Houdini1220
    replied
    I drank a liter of water between 6 this morning and 4 this afternoon...just kept sipping on it all day. by the afternoon I was very uncomfortable. I stopped drinking at 4 and only drank a full glass with dinner and Im feeling much better now.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I feel best when I drink about 8 glasses of water a day and 3 of something else like tea. My bladder is happiest when I drink a full glass to a glass and a half at a time, the less I drink the more I feel I have to go. I'm doing this along with bladder training and am going every 2 hours. Its slowly getting easier but its been a tough week and I do like the fact that when I go, I really gotta go! I also am taking vesicare which is really helping relax my bladder.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I do best if I take small drinks throughout the day. Are you just voiding a tiny bit when you go? How much total are you drinking? I shoot for six to eight cups a day and usually get a little over six.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• WhitneyWonders
    replied
    That's a great question and I'd be interested to know the answer. I too have been told that water is so good for the bladder, as it dilutes the acid/pollutants. So I try to drink often but I have the same problem. I am peeing every 20-40 minutes even after one bottle of water. Is that normal? Or I guess, is that typical for a person with IC? This frequency is just getting out've control and really annoying.

-Whitney

Leave a comment:

• Houdini1220
    started a topic Drinking water and frequency

Drinking water and frequency

So I was having a lot of pain and frequency the last few days. Still waiting to for test results to see if it is a UTI or just a flare. I thought I would be smart by drinking a little bit at a time a few times an hour all day. figured I didn't want to overwhelm my bladder...however.... I was going every 40 min during work and by 4 oclock today I was running for the bathroom every 15 min.

SO here is my question. Do you think it is better to drink a little bit all day or do you drink a lot a few times a day???

Would love to hear what workd for you.
Working...
X