Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Potassium supplements hurt my bladder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Re: Will Potassium supplements hurt my bladder?

I'm actually back on a potassium capsule after a blood test said I'm deficient again. I've been taking it for a month now with no problem.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• cathylemonsn
    replied
    Re: Will Potassium supplements hurt my bladder?

I was told to take Potassium pills as a suplement by a well meaning acupuncturist and stupidly i did without reading first about what that might mean for someone with IC. The Potassium induced a most unpleasant flare. Very difficult now to get my body back in balance. I highly recommend taking potasium in foods and not in supplement form. My poor bladder immediately went into sensitivity upon the first ingestion of the Potassium pill. I should have done my research.

Leave a comment:

• aleet7
    replied
    Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    I took a potassium supplement for several years without a problem. Potassium deficiency can be a real problem. Potassium has a bad reputation because of the potassium sensitivity test, but potassium ingested and going through the digestion process isn't the same as putting it directly into a raw bladder. One of the reasons my level was so low was that orange juice and some other potassium rich foods are on my trigger list. I have, however, found other foods (such as potatoes, cereals, peas and beans, fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, fish, poultry), that keep my levels up without more pills. The one I took was a prescription; much less expensive that way.

Donna
    Thanks Donna!
    My potassium is low because I take water pills and a lot of the potassium rich foods are also on my trigger list. I have a script for the potassium pills but haven't filled it because I wasn't sure it be ok with my bladder.

Cmclien ....thank you for sharing with me! I do know that I really need to take potassium...It's always low when I'm tested. Again...thank you!

Best Wishes,
    Aleet7

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I have been taking them for about 3 weeks and haven't noticed any difference. My IC is fairly mild though but there are certain things I am finding out that give me pain and I don't think that is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I took a potassium supplement for several years without a problem. Potassium deficiency can be a real problem. Potassium has a bad reputation because of the potassium sensitivity test, but potassium ingested and going through the digestion process isn't the same as putting it directly into a raw bladder. One of the reasons my level was so low was that orange juice and some other potassium rich foods are on my trigger list. I have, however, found other foods (such as potatoes, cereals, peas and beans, fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, fish, poultry), that keep my levels up without more pills. The one I took was a prescription; much less expensive that way.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• aleet7
    started a topic Will Potassium supplements hurt my bladder?

Will Potassium supplements hurt my bladder?

Everytime I go to the doc they tell me that my Potassium level is low! Does anyone here take Potassium supplements? Will this hurt my bladder?

Thanks,
    Aleet7
Working...
X