I figured it out! =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured it out! =)

For Christmas my darling hubby bought me a bread machine. I'm relatively newly diagnosed with IC, and he knew it would mean the world to me. But my bread was always.. interesting lol It still tasted good, but always kind of dense and heavy.

I have tried making the dough and then baking in the oven, adding vital gluten, and changing recipes. Nothing worked. Then today, I figured.. well, I'm out of white bread, let me try something totally different. The machine instructions say you have to separate the yeast from the sugar and liquid. But, I decided to put the yeast in the sugar water and let it bloom for 8 minutes, then add the other ingredients and proceed like usual. I also added the vital gluten and baked it in the machine.

OMG! Best bread ever! It's light and airy and fluffy.. like what a sandwhich bread should be. YAY! Hope this helps someone else out. One less thing I'm missing so much now (since I have yet to find a white bread without preservatives or vinegar).

Sounds fantastic! I am actually going to bake bread tomorrow....wish me luck!
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

I figured it out

FallenTX,

That's so interesting, and clever.
      I stopped using my bread machine because the bread was always dense and heavy. I think I'll pull it back out and use your method.
      Thanks for posting!
      Laurie

Comment

Making my bread today (no machine). I just realized my yeast is "expired." I have kept it in the refrigerator, so I did some online research that said it should be fine. We will see! I hate to throw it out.....it is the Costco size package......never opened......but I also hate to put the effort into the bread only to have it fail.

Cross your fingers!
        Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
        IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
        IC Diet Website
        For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
        Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
        Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
        IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
        X