X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juliasface
    replied
    Hi Cindi,

I use brick cream cheese all the time with no problems. As for Sour Cream I can do small amounts. But, another option for me is blending cottage cheese and using it. Also, I can use a small amount of greek yogurt in place of sour cream.

Kari

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Lol!

Maybe that's why I haven't had a problem with it!! I always use Daisy too!!

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    Yes, Daisy is one of the brands without citric acid.

Thank You Daisy!

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Thanks you guys,
    I think the brand of sour cream I have is in fact Daisy and there is no citric acid in it.

Leave a comment:

• klite
    replied
    I find that lactose-free sour cream is tolerable for me if I only have like a teaspoon or so and my bladder is feeling good. Otherwise, it causes a flare. Regular sour cream -- whether it is cow or goat milk -- is a no-go for me.

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    I've never had problems with sour cream or cream cheese, but have heard that some have issues with sour cream. Cream cheese seems to be pretty safe

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    I can use brick cream cheese and Daisy brand sour cream with no problem.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Sour cream gave me a bad flare the last time I ate it, but I'm very diet sensitive and I didn't know back then what Vicki is saying about citric acid, so that could be it too.

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    I've never had a problem with brick cream cheese. Sour Cream on the other hand is a tricky one for me because some brands contain citric acid and some do not. I do fine with those that don't, so if I'm buying I make sure to check the ingredient label. If someone else buys it,...unless they still have the container around enabling me to check, I know I'm taking a risk by eating it.

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Sour cream is on the "try it" list and they say that the block or brick cream cheese is better than the tub due to chemicals. I've had a little sour cream on a baked potato and it didn't bother me anymore than anything else does. Of course I should add that right now EVERYTHING seems to bother me!! So don't judge by me!!

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    started a topic Sour cream and cream cheese

Sour cream and cream cheese

I didn't see sour cream and cream cheese on the list, does anyone know if they are safe foods?
Working...
X