Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emeraldjules
    replied
    I cannot eat any cereals that are vitamin enriched. Which Chex cereal is a vitamin enriched cereal.

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    replied
    Chex Mix

Katie,
    So sorry the Chex Mix got you.
    I've done the same sort of things many times, often without even thinking. I'll be cooking something for my husband, that I can't eat, and will taste it. As soon as I do, I know I'll be sorry!
    I hope you continue to feel better.
    Laurie

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    Jeez Kate, sorry you are feeling bad from a craving. Stinks! Chex mix usually contain the dreaded worschteshire which has cloves as a major ingredient. Those food cravings get Bob every time. A few good days and you think you can conquer the world and eat anything you want and then BAM. He is sneaky with his food, do not have a single thing in the house he should not have, but when he runs over to the general store, I always know later that night that he has been a bad boy. The sad part is sometimes you can actually handle a little bit of the no-no stuff, and sometimes you can't. Stinks AGAIN! Take care, hope you feel better soon. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Thanks Ladies!!

Julie, yes, I took my limit of Azo plus my limit of pain meds. I've been up and down ALL night changing out my ice bottle (just FYI, the smaller Figi water bottles with a sock around them make a GREAT ice pack) and I've taken some of my pain meds this morning already. And yes Me, I've been drinking loads of water!!! It ~seems~ to be getting better but that could be the drugs. Oh, this is one I'm gonna remember!!!

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    Oh man, I have done something similar.

What about Azo Standard or Pyridium? And LOTS of water!

Leave a comment:

• meResque
    replied
    It sounds like you're doing all the right things. Drink a ton of water to help this pass as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry you're hurting.

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    started a topic Chex mix

Chex mix

I have eaten small amounts of regular Chex mix since I was dx'd and not had a problem with it. When hubby was at the grocery last night picking up ingredients for chili (and no, I didn't eat any ) I asked him to buy a bag of Chex mix. Well, just FYI, regular Chex mix is TOTALLY different from ""BOLD" Chex mix. I wasn't thinking about that (frankly, I was thinking about the chili). Well, I began paying for that mistake about 2 hours later with urethral spasms and pain. It's been hours (!) and I'm still paying!! I have taken almost my limit of pain meds for the day, along with Azo and I have a frozen ice bottle glued between my legs. Nothing is helping. I also tried the baking soda and water, nothing. I guess we learn from our mistakes, but why do they have to hurt so BAD???

Hubby is trying to make it up to me by playing my favorite songs on the piano, lol!! I've told him it's not his fault!! I'm the one who ate it, he did not force it down my throat!! Oh happy ice/snow day!!

If anyone has ANY suggestions, I am SO open!!!
Working...
X