X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prisd
    replied
    Re: Is coconut milk IC friendly?

Make sure you check the label with coconut milk. I flared pretty badly with Trader Joe's coconut cream which has a strange ingredient in it. But those with just coconut milk and guar gum have been fine for me.

Leave a comment:

• Antonia11
    replied

I LOVE coconut water, currently my favorite drink (since my other main drinks are purified water, more purified water, occasionally plain carbonated water, and now sometimes acid neutralized coffee, wow, I'm branching out!!

With the coconut water, the main thing is check the label!!! Lots of brands add ascorbic acid!! I think they do it just to annoy IC patients, to be honest. Got to be it. "Naked" adds nothing (but you can buy it with lychee juice mixed, mango peach, or pineapple). I find the Naked brand doesn't bother me, a slight bit of frequency, but otherwise no. I haven't tried the other brands due to noticing the ascorbic acid on the labels.

Leave a comment:

• krist656
    replied

I just ate a lot coconut crisps, supposedly organic, free of any preservatives. I felt quite good before, but one point started having flare. I mean, coconut milk or oil have been fine for me, what happened now?...

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I can eat and drink freash coconut with no problems, I also use organic cocnut oil with no problems.

I tried store bought coconut milk, it bothered me, so I assume it is the preservatives with it.

MG

Leave a comment:

• rusk7
    replied
    thumbs down for coconut milk..at least for me. Mike

Leave a comment:

• rusk7
    replied
    Coconut milk

Forget it! Flares up big time....Not to say this will be true for anyone else...Coconut milk for me, unfortunately is a No No! Mike

Leave a comment:

• Landish
    replied
    I can cook with coconut milk but I can't tolerate drinking coconut water or milk. The last week I tried to eat coconut and it was horrible, I had to pee so bad.

Leave a comment:

• klite
    replied
    All coconut is delicious!

I have no problem with coconut milk. I usually try to buy the organic kind because there is a less chance of it having additives to it.

I used to make curries out of coconut milk all of the time before IC. Still trying to figure out a good curry substitute.

Sometimes I use coconut milk as a milk substitute in baking/cooking.

I also use coconut flour in baking and as a thickener for sauces. And I love throwing in shredded coconut in my baked goods too . . . made some rice krispie squares the other day and tossed in 3/4 cup of shredded coconut. So good!

I also use coconut oil in baking and for frying stuff in -- perfect for making pancakes.

Leave a comment:

• Saveena
    replied
    Coconut Juice

Anyone have problems with coconut juice or water? I seem to have a mini-flare whenever I drink it.

Leave a comment:

• Landish
    replied
    For energy I take Korean Ginseng supplement in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• penneyjo
    replied
    Do any of you have something you drink/eat for a little energy that works? Since we can't have caffeine, I so often wish for something that would give me a pick-me-up. Just thought of that since we are talking about drinks.

Leave a comment:

• penneyjo
    replied
    I have almond milk and rice milk and use carob in them for a "cocoa" drink. It's pretty good. I have been wondering about the coconut milk, so thanks for this post! Almond milk seems a bit thick to me and brownish, though it tastes great. Rice milk is thin and kind of too sweet, but at least it is white. I usually mix the two together.

I agree about the teas that you can get on this web site. They are delicious. I want to gag when I drink yet ANOTHER cup of chamomile or peppermint.

I don't drink the blueberry juice that often, but I like it. I dilute it sometimes too because it's kind of expensive. I never found the pear juice that is safe.
    I hadn't even thought of carrot juice, great idea! Just for something different and very healthy. We have to eat so much white food just to be safe and I'm not so big on vegetables as I should be. Thank you for all these great ideas!

Leave a comment:

• MamaZ
    replied
    Coconut Milk contains lauric acid -- which is antifungal and antimicrobrial. Here's a primer.

It's also found in large quantities in human milk.
    Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• baaaby11
    replied
    I've had no problems with coconut milk and it's so good!

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Are you not a tea drinker? I just ordered not one but 4 different davidson's teas off of this website! First I ordered the roastaroma (celestial seasonings) and the french vanilla and they were so good I've ordered a bunch more.
    Also, I've been thinking of trying to make cocoa out of carob powder has anyone tried this?
    I'm not a juice drinker at all myself. I do love almond milk, but chocolate almond milk! I tried some the other day and I don't think it bothered me will be trying it again, its unsweetened and I add just a tiny bit of vanilla creamer and a little whip cream to it and its perfect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X