Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VickiB
    replied
    I don't know if my IC is mild, or? When not flaring I feel almost normal. When I do flare it's complete misery. But anyway, I seem to be able to keep my symptoms in check through diet, CystoProtek, and avoidance of stressful situations. I feel good almost all of the time now.

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• hworkman
    replied
    I feel very fortunate. I am able to control mine with diet and elmiron. I was diagnosed only 2 months ago, so I'm not at that point where I'm ready to try any of the "try it foods" yet.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Some people are able to keep IC symptoms controlled with just diet; others will need other treatments/medications in addition to following the diet.

We are all so very different it's difficult to predict how anyone else will respond.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Hi, its hard to say. I have mild IC too though the past 6 months might be more towards moderate. Anyways I think yes and no. Cutting out the big NO NO's would help with frequency some. The question is how much will it help? Are you totally against OAB meds? They help me tremendously with frequency and especially pressure or feeling like I need to go. They work less when I have discomfort because the only thing that alleviates it is actually going to the bathroom though I force myself most of the time when I feel that way to go 2 hrs. If you don't have retention they're worth a try. They are so common these days, even my GP will prescribe them.

Leave a comment:

• icharlotte
    started a topic Can 'mild' IC be controlled with diet?

Can 'mild' IC be controlled with diet?

Hi everyone! Hope you're all not doing too badly

Just wondering, if you have mild IC, can it be controlled with the diet? I've never really stuck to the diet as no matter what I eat/drink my symptoms don't get any better or worse... I've only ever had 'flares' after sex. I just have a feeling of NEEDING TO GO 24/7 so I've started the diet this week just to see if it helps or not. I take 25/50mg of Elavil at night but that's all... if I stick to the diet will it alleviate this pressure feeling for the most part?

Any replies would be great thank you.
Working...
X