Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deborahhartman
    replied
    Yes, I had a baguette from Panera and a salad with no dressing. Knew it wasn't the salad but within 2 hours of the bread had terrible burning.

Leave a comment:

• girl
    replied
    Have you TRIED any breads since you were diagnosed? I make my own, but when I'm out I can eat plain white bread most of the time (can't eat any whole wheat though). For me, as long as I don't eat it daily I can get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• deborahhartman
    replied
    I have a bread maker and enjoy making my own bread at home. My problem is what do I do when I want to go out to eat with family and friends. I haven't eaten out since I was diagnosed and I really miss going to restaurants. This used to be my husband and my thing. My whole life has changed and what we used to do we can't anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Landish
    replied
    I bought my own Breadmaker.

Leave a comment:

• deborahhartman
    replied
    Unfortunately, Natures Own Brand has sulfates and nuts that are not on the safe list per their web site. A definite trigger for me.

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    If you can get Nature's Own brand in your area it has no preservatives and comes in several varieties. You can find it at most grocery stores.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I have better luck purchasing bread from local bakeries. It turns green pretty rapidly and needs to be kept refrigerated, but doesn't usually contain preservatives.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• deborahhartman
    started a topic Bread

Bread

I was recently diagnosed with IC in January and am following the diet. I still am having pain, frequency, and pressure so I am only eating safe foods. My problem is bread. Everything at the store has preservative, additives etc. Therefore, I can't find a bread or cereal to eat . Can't eat out because all of the breads contain additives, preservatives etc. By the way Panera also contains this stuff. What do others do?
    Here is an example of what is in Wonder Bread:

Whole wheat flour, water, wheat gluten, high fructose corn syrup, contains 2%of less of: soybean oil, salt, molasses, yeast, mono and diglycerides, exthoxylated mono and diglycerides, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium iodate, calcium dioxide), datem, calcium sulfate, vinegar, yeast nutrient (ammonium sulfate), extracts of malted barley and corn, dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, calcium propionate (to retain freshness).
Working...
X