X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmclien
    replied
    Hi!
    Lemon and tea is bad but to qualify I mean green or black tea as 99% of teas are made from those. the african red tea (rooibus) is totally IC safe. Check out the davidsons teas here. I can drink them all day long.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    For me absolutely not! Infact lemon and tea is my worst enemy.

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    Watermelon

Watermelon has alot of vitamin c why is it on the o.k. ic diet list?

Leave a comment:

• Sour
    replied
    I've sort of discovered my intolerance to lemon lately. I can have a squeeze of lemon on chips I think, but other than that I never eat it much anyway. So I've never worried much about it, but avoided it anyway like most citrus. It's not so much food, but drinks that effect me more. I recently had some lemon flavoured ice tea which while nice, I can't drink as it irritates each time I consume it. Peach flavoured ice tea however is fine, I can drink many glasses, no worries.

And I think regular tea too might be an irritant for me (like other IC'ers). I normally have infusions, but had some for a change last night, and boom, mini flare. Dammit.

Anyway, I mention this as we often get bored with just water or milk to drink, so give Peach ice tea a go. And avoid lemon.

All the best!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Lemons are listed with the other citrus fruits on the caution list.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    No!no!no!

Leave a comment:

• nnj925
    replied
    thank you for your reply.

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    For almost ICer's lemon is not good. I will do the same thing on occasion with water but only a little bit. I don't think I am very diet sensitive though.

You might try doing without the lemon for a while to see if you notice a difference in symptoms. You don't want to do something that is causing you problems.

I will be willing to bet that most people on here will tell you that lemon and anything citrus will bother them.

Sandra

Leave a comment:

• nnj925
    started a topic Lemon....

Lemon....

I printed the IC diet list of things good bad etc...I didnt see anything about regular fresh lemons??? I like to squeeze some lemon on my salad with olive oil...I also like to drink hot water with lemon?

Is this a no-no?
Working...
X