Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow cooker

Hello,
    I was just wondering about something, does anyone know what happens to the acid in foods when you cook them in a slow cooker? Does it decrease them and make them more tolerable? I had made sweet and sour pork last night and the recipe calls for onions and green peppers and apple cider vinegar (and a bunch of other *safe* things) and guess what? I didn't have any urgency and most importantly PAIN. I did a bit of a happy dance as safely as my back would allow..of course the kids and hubby laughed at me. But it's so hard to explain to everyone just how awful you feel and it's SO NOT worth the pain! So I'm just curious if the slow cooker has something to do with it..if so I won't tuck it away under the bowls. I'll keep that bad boy out on the counter and whip up some food that *I* can eat too!!!

Oh, and what makes your urine turn bright bright yellow? ( I am not dehydrated..drinking loads of spring water..and pero)

Is there a section that I can ask an intimacy question?

Thank ladies )
    Canadian daisy

Current Medications: doses go up and down..
    Dilaudid, Elmiron, Neurontin ,Flexeril ,Pariet, Ibuprofen, Ativan, Valtrex, Vitamin D, Caltrate, Premarin Vag Cream, Triamcinolone Injections in Perineum, Depo-Medrol for Trigger Point Injections, Biscodyl, Citromag, Milk of Magnesia, Xylocaine Jelly

Most of us can't tolerate any kind of vinegar. I use my crock pot a lot, but that doesn't give me freedom to eat trigger foods --- usually if something cooks for hours, it becomes more concentrated. You were very lucky you didn't flare from vinegar.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I use my croak pot a lot, but I don't add foods I am not allowed, so i don't know your answer.

My croak pot is my best Friend as I am best in am and worst in late afternoon just when I need to cook dinner.

I have a chicken roasting in mine right now.

MG
      My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

I love using my crockpot too, but I only stick to safe ingredients. Earlier on, I did experiment with using some not-so-safe ingredients and they still made me flare. The one thing that I have been able to tolerate is using a bit of low-acid apple juice -- that may be a good substitute for the apple cider vinegar.

The thing that I like about slow cooking (besides the saving my afternoon energy) is that even with a few simple safe ingredients, everything tastes really flavourful and satisfying.
        Me: Canadian. 31.

IC symptoms: Cramping, burning, frequency. Pain!

Pain management: Ibuprofen. AZO. Marijuana. Prelief. The IC Diet.

My IC-safe, Gluten-free, Lactose-free food blog:
        Good for Your Guts

Comment

Thank you all.

Since I have no idea where to ask this question....I'm going to add it here..when you have sex does it burn? And afterwards how do you deal with the god awful earth shattering spasms that last for 4 hours?? I already have to *time* my meds around intimacy because of my terrible back issues..I take a dilaudid, ibuprofen and flexeril about 30 minutes PRIOR to intimacy and I have to apply Xylocaine to my perineum (surgery that went horribly wrong). I am at a loss. I called my gyn (the one who prescribed the Elmiron) and asked them about a viginal valium supp. And the girl acted funny, almost like *I* was nuts for asking. She calls back and said "he isn't familiar with that so you have to take what he already prescribed". I asked "Okay I understand he isn't familiar but does that mean he can't look into it for me". There were crickets..I swear crickets..lol. Well I didn't laugh, I cried..it just seems tha everything is going wrong.

On another note, I just recently experienced some bad "things" and was sent back to my old neurologist and I believe that God wanted me to see him. He is going to take over my back case from the other dr. It is amazing that he is willing to do that. I wanted to hug him. He totally sympathised with me and heard me. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to the joy when you are FINALLY heard! It's only been 2 LONG years that I have been on heavy duty narcotics and bound to the couch wasting away..no bowel control and watching my life pass by. The whole while BEGGING all these drs to really look at whats happeneing. I TOLD them everything, never kept a secret and they all just want to push pills! How about finding out WHAT is causing the bulging and nerve issues in my back instead of throwing a band aid on it! So anyways..I just feel incredibly blessed that he hears me and I am hopefully on the road to answers and better health and motility. Please say a prayer for me.
          So..how DO I go about being intimate? And how do I ask my dr about the supp? I have printed out Jill's description of what it is..but I don't know IF that will work. I just want some relief for when we are intimate
          Canadian daisy

Current Medications: doses go up and down..
          Dilaudid, Elmiron, Neurontin ,Flexeril ,Pariet, Ibuprofen, Ativan, Valtrex, Vitamin D, Caltrate, Premarin Vag Cream, Triamcinolone Injections in Perineum, Depo-Medrol for Trigger Point Injections, Biscodyl, Citromag, Milk of Magnesia, Xylocaine Jelly

Comment

I don't know what to say. Hang in there, maybe the neuro will rx it.

I am glad you found a Dr. who will listen to you.

MG
            My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Working...
            X