X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tangerine3
    replied
    Re: Mayonaise

great i'm having artichokes tonight; I will try it, i'm going to use olive oil instead with some spices, thanks

Leave a comment:

• rshell84
    replied

Hi tangerine3:
    I have made mayo just as the recipe you listed minus the lemon and it came out fine. I think the lemon and vinegar more or less may be for flavor.

Leave a comment:

• tangerine3
    replied

so i found this recipe with no vinegar but with lemon juice, what do you think would happen if I left out the lemon juice as well?

http://www.food.com/recipe/mayonnais...vinegar-516998

what does the vinegar and lemon juice do for the mayonnaise anyway?

Leave a comment:

• tangerine3
    replied

so i was searching for a mayonnaise recipe without the lemon and vinegar and came across this thread. Those of you that can tolerate certain store bought mayo do they contain the lemon juice and vinegar? Are the lemon and vinegar in such small amounts that is probably why you can tolerate it? thanks.

Leave a comment:

• surprisedx
    replied
    I am okay with mayo w/o Prelief as long as I use it sparingly.

Leave a comment:

• meResque
    replied
    I can handle a small amount, but only with Prelief. My first few times went so well, that I neglected to use it the last time. BIG mistake!!

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    I use vegenaise mayo and have never had a problem with it irritating my bladder.

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    I use Kraft Real Mayo.

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    replied
    mayo

I can use small amounts of Hellman's, with Prelief.

Leave a comment:

• hoping4acure
    replied
    I coudn't tolerate mayo at all when I was first DX'd because I couldn't tolerate eggs or oil's.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Mayo is on the "Try it" list --- I can tolerate small amounts if I haven't had any other possible trigger food or drink. I don't know if there's one brand less irritating. I buy a lot of generic brands of food, but the mayonnaise has to be Best Foods --- it's a family preference.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    started a topic Mayonaise

Mayonaise

What is a safe brand to use?
Working...
X