Pizza recipes anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza recipes anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has a favorite recipe for home made pizza?
    I miss pizza so much. Some time ago Olive Garden resturant listed a
    Cesar Salad Pizza on their menue. I was really good and I ordered it a few times. At that time I didn't have IC so didn't pay much attention to ingredients.
    I am looking for something to substitute the tomato sauce that 'we' can't have anymore.
    I love to make the crust it is just the sauce that has me stumped.
    Thanks for any help.

have you tried making the roasted red pepper sauce? it is so good and i actually prefer it to tomato sauce - it is sweeter. it's pretty easy to make- you can find the recipe on here. i made a mini pizza in the microwave oven the other day - topped some bread with roasted red pepper sauce, mozzerrella, and basil- and it was delicious!
    Jessica - 22 years old in Washington DC

Symptoms began Sept 2010
    Diagnosed Sep 2011 (after being prescribed every antibiotic possible)

Currently Trying:
    -Diet
    -Cysta-Q

“Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone...”

Comment

find a recipe for how to make pizza with white sauce or if you dont feel like cooking for pizza delivery ive found only dominos has white sauce pizzas (its not really embarrassing for me to order cuz i can go online and customize my order,what i want on it,type of sauce,crust,etc) also california pizza kitchen has them as well. u can get them in some freezers at grocery stores or just go to their restaurant if theres one in your area. for places like papa johns or pizza hut im thinking of just asking them to not put any sauce on my pizza at all since they dont have the white. hope u find this helpful.i love pizza also.
      Newly IC diagnosed as of February 2011.

Medications I'm on that seem to work:
      Zoloft- one once a day
      Butrans pain patch 5 mcg (THANK GOD FOR WHOEVER INVENTED THIS!SO MUCH PAIN RELIEF ITS UNREAL,I AM IN NO PAIN AT ALL UNLESS I STRESS OR SCREW UP ON THE DIET)

Failed Meds:
      Elmiron-after 4 months,digestive side effects got to be too much
      tramadol-allergic
      DMSO treatments(5-6)
      probiotics

THERAPIES:gardening,cooking,IC Diet,Counseling,Lots of warm baths,stress reduction,heating pad or ice packs,meditation/deep breathing,listening to relaxing music,having fun on pain free days,drinking chamomile or peppermint tea,pelvic floor physical therapy
      AROMATHERAPY-candles,incense
      Village Naturals Aches and Pains Peppermint Bath Salts
      Johnson and Johnsons Lavender Melt Away Stress Body Wash/Lotion

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS
      Significant pain relief so far.

MAY TRY:yoga,swimming/hydrotherapy and anti-candida diet if i can kick my sugar addiction
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ***TO MY IC SISTERS AND BROTHERS:WE ARE OUR OWN ADVOCATES!,PLEASE DO AS MUCH RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN AS POSSIBLE AND TRY DIFFERENT TREATMENTS TO GET WELL.NOT ONE TREATMENT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.MOST IMPORTANTLY,TRY TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE,DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM NEGATIVITY/NEGATIVE PEOPLE AND NEVER,EVER GIVE UP!***

Add me on facebook Angela Hasic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
      where there is hatred, let me sow love;
      when there is injury, pardon;
      where there is doubt, faith;
      where there is despair, hope;
      where there is darkness, light;
      and where there is sadness, joy.
      Grant that I may not so much seek
      to be consoled as to console;
      to be understood, as to understand,
      to be loved as to love;
      for it is in giving that we receive,
      it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
      and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

Comment

I order pizza fairly frequently --- I order it without tomato sauce --- my family actually likes it that way.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Pizza

Thank you everyone for your input.
          I keep roasted peppers handy to put on sandwiches and salads. You are right it is a little sweet when you are looking for that familar tomato taste.
          I have heard of white pizza but have never seen it on a menu. Does anyone know what the ingredients are?

Comment

I have a few pizza recipes.

One is to use pesto in place of tomato sauce, then mozzarella cheese and roasted red peppers on top. If you roast a head of garlic in the oven (wrap the whole head in foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees), you can use that on top as well.

Or, you can roast the garlic, mash it, mix in some olive oil, salt and herbs, and then spread that on the crust before you top it. Roasted chicken and peppers works well with that one.

Finally, no sauce, and then use mozzarella, goat cheese (or feta cheese, whatever you can tolerate), chopped unsulphured dates, and pears on top. I make this for myself sometimes and other people want a slice.

Sometimes I get a smell of traditional pizza sauce and I miss it, but I think you can taste a wider variety of toppings better without it.
            Lori

40 y.o. mom, wife and marketing manager

"Il faut manger pour vivre, et non pas vivre pour manger." -- Moliere ("One should eat to live, not live to eat.")

IC symptoms began Feb 2010; diagnosed Mar 2010

Treatments:

Oral
            Elmiron 3x day; Elavil 25 mg/day; Prelief (when I remember!); Benadryl and Prosed DS as needed for flares

Other
            Acupuncture 2x/month; yoga; IC Diet; meditation and breathing exercises for stress; heating pad for flares

Comment

Pizza

Thanks everyone. You have given me some ideas to work with.

Comment

I'll add my two cents on this one...
                We make a basic alfredo sauce... 1/2 stick butter, 1 cup heavy cream, & 4-6 oz shaved parm cheese. cook it low and slow, add ingredients one at a time, stir constantly. adapt it to taste, there's no real rules here!

you can use it just like that or add minced garlic or pesto or pureed red pepper. mostly we use garlic salt, parsley, and a quick shave of nutmeg.

if you can resist pouring over pasta, and it actually makes it to the pizza, you can top your pizza with grilled chicken, mushrooms, spinach... whatever you like!

this is a weekly staple in our Italian household. (and it's so low in calories... not!)

happy cooking!

Comment

I have found that I love a pizza with garlic oil as the sauce or no sauce at all. I get a Mediterranean pizza and can fortunately tolerate Kalamata olives and get it with feta cheese (along with spinach, maybe chicken, etc.). It is to die for! Here we have a chain called Papa Murphy's and I can get their Mediterranean pizza just by leaving off the sun dried tomatoes and I substitute black olives and it's great. But, I've had other restaurants make it also. I've never tried it at a Dominoes or any place like that.
                  treatment:
                  -I follow the IC diet to the letter
                  -acupuncture and chinese herbs
                  -Prelief
                  -UTA
                  -instillations as needed
                  -beginning yoga and specialized yoga for breathing and relaxation
                  -Wellbutrin
                  -Klonopin

main symptoms: pain and burning

Comment

I am so hungry right now reading all of this! Im gonna have to make a pizza one of these days!! haha Thanks for the ideas!!! mmmmmmmm

PS. I did actually have a pizza a little while ago and it had alfredo sauce on it! So no tomato sauce. It came like that and was called chicken mushroom pizza... so it is possible to get it normally like that anyway!

Jenn
                    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Pizza recipes

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. You are a inspiration to me and I need it just now. Yesterday was a family reunion and most all foods were on the 'bad' list. So, I am in a flare today and have tried everything I know of to shake it.

Comment

Hi fmcbride,
                        Here is one healthy pizza recipe for you. Hope you will try and love it!
                        Butter 2 tbs
                        Onion 1 cup finely chopped
                        Garlic cloves 2 minced
                        Pepperoni 1 cup chopped
                        Canadian bacon 1 cup chopped
                        8 ounce mozzarella shredded cheese
                        3 ounce cream cheese
                        Tomato paste 1 tbs
                        Italian seasoning 1 tsp
                        8 ounce baby portabella mushrooms
                        Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
                        Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet.
                        Add onion and garlic until onion is tender and remove from heat.
                        Stir in Italian seasoning, pepperoni, cheeses, Canadian bacon and tomato.
                        Spoon mixture evenly into mushrooms caps.
                        Place mushrooms on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
                        san antonio personal trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien View Post
                          Hi fmcbride,
                          Here is one healthy pizza recipe for you. Hope you will try and love it!
                          Butter 2 tbs
                          Onion 1 cup finely chopped
                          Garlic cloves 2 minced
                          Pepperoni 1 cup chopped
                          Canadian bacon 1 cup chopped
                          8 ounce mozzarella shredded cheese
                          3 ounce cream cheese
                          Tomato paste 1 tbs
                          Italian seasoning 1 tsp
                          8 ounce baby portabella mushrooms
                          Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
                          Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet.
                          Add onion and garlic until onion is tender and remove from heat.
                          Stir in Italian seasoning, pepperoni, cheeses, Canadian bacon and tomato.
                          Spoon mixture evenly into mushrooms caps.
                          Place mushrooms on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
                          Adrien,
                          The tomato paste, cured meats (pepperoni), and onions posted in the above recipe are often trigger foods for many people that follow the IC diet.

I recently ordered a roasted garlic, spinach, basil, and olive oil pizza from Garlic Jim's and I loved it.
                          Current Meds: Nortriptyline (35 mg), Hydroxyzine (50 mg), Cephalexin (250 mg before sexual activity)
                          As Needed: Prelief, AZO, Evian Water, Aleve

Comment

I have been able to order the Garlic Chicken Pizza (without onions) from California Pizza Kitchen and it works okay for me. I believe there is some white wine in the sauce; I take a few Prelief before I eat it and I haven't had any issues. For those who are very diet sensitive, it might not be the best choice.
                            Lori

40 y.o. mom, wife and marketing manager

"Il faut manger pour vivre, et non pas vivre pour manger." -- Moliere ("One should eat to live, not live to eat.")

IC symptoms began Feb 2010; diagnosed Mar 2010

Treatments:

Oral
                            Elmiron 3x day; Elavil 25 mg/day; Prelief (when I remember!); Benadryl and Prosed DS as needed for flares

Other
                            Acupuncture 2x/month; yoga; IC Diet; meditation and breathing exercises for stress; heating pad for flares

Comment

salmon or lamb mascarpone pizza

you don't add toppings until the crust is done and this is not for those who wanna a low calorie treat. but omg it is so good. a gourmet delight.

ingredients for 12" pizza
                              1/2 pound salmon or ground lamb
                              1/2 cup peas
                              6oz or more of mascarpone
                              salt
                              optional roasted garlic or caramelized onions
                              (can also add stir fried zucchini or roasted red peppers or pine nuts)

if you are making your dough from scratch you can make the caramelized onions while your dough sits

make caramelized onions (if you can tolerate them)

or roast garlic as oven is heating up. it works. i promise.

cook salmon or ground lamb on stove top as you normally would. i use coconut oil, salt and garlic powder for this dish.

boil peas

cover pizza with ingredients.
                              mascarpone
                              (if you can tolerate it) caramelized onions and or roasted garlic
                              salmon or lamb
                              peas
                              and then the rest of the optional ingredients

if you are interested in how to make your own mascarpone (i promise you it is amazing, better than anything you can buy in store, even if it's made in italy because the mass producers of mascarpone all use the citric acid which is not the correct acid for mascarpone), and the way i have found for myself to make the gentlest on bladder caramelized onions. (i can't promise you will tolerate it, but i hope you do too), i will add recipes below.
                              Last edited by makamala; 08-02-2011, 03:58 AM.
                              When there is research, there are answers.
                              When there is persistence, there are solutions.
                              Don't stop looking for answers; don't give up.

Comment

Working...
                              X