Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenredhead
    replied
    Quinoa and steamed broccoli are my go to foods during pain. Broccoli is anti-inflammatory and alkaline.

Leave a comment:

• ReneeWest
    replied
    I'm lucky that I have a rescue drink... regular whole white milk. It just seems to get down there and calm down the storm pretty quick. It doesn't make the pain go away, but it usually takes the edge off.
    I know alot of people can't drink milk, but if you can, try it.
    Good luck!
    And Donna... scrambled eggs and toast sounds so good right now... maybe I'll have that for dinner!

Leave a comment:

• rose1013
    replied
    Thank you guys! I ate some eggs and a wheat english muffin and it didn't help right away but now it's a lot better

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Scrambled eggs and toast are my comfort food.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    I drink almond milk and it helps
    I also eat the basics, but I tend to lean toward lots of veggies... like an excessive amount. lol ussualy I blend together (using a blender yes) cucumber, spinach, carrots, a pear and almond milk and drink it. It helps me

I also have a mild case and my dr made sure to give me elmiron right away so that is there was any chance at all that it could get worse he wanted to make that chance small... Elmiron isnt for everyone, but I wouldnt be so quick to pass it up, id wanna be on anything that could potentially help! Thats just ME though You could also try cystoprotek too! I hope you feel better really soon!

xoxoxo

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    When I'm in a bad flare, I will often eat the very basics - a fried egg on white rice, vanilla milkshake (homemade with just Dreyers vanilla ice cream & milk), chicken with rice and steamed zucchini. This can help, but I still need medications. Diet is a very good place to start though.

Leave a comment:

• rose1013
    started a topic Need immediate relief!

Need immediate relief!

Does anyone have any foods that help them during a flare? I'm in pain right now and I drink a lot of water but is there any foods I could eat right now that would help? I've had the typical IC pains on and off for years but was just diagnosed with IC a couple of weeks ago. My urologist isn't very good, he only told me to "stick with my diet" but didn't mention which foods to avoid (although I found that out with my research online, and I know everyone is different). He doesn't want to prescribe me Elmiron since it's a mild case, but I'm still in pain almost everyday unless I eat very very basic foods. I've ordered Prelief online but it hasn't come yet. College student looking for some advice to help get rid of this annoying pain just wondering what specifically works for anyone else that may help me too. Thank you!
Working...
X