Turkey Bacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Bacon?

Turkey bacon has been by go to food since I started watching my weight a few years ago. I LOVE turkey bacon!!! I read the package, but am such a newbie...I was diagnosed on Tuesday...I can't figure out if we can have this. I use the Louis Rich brand with Sea Salt. What might I be missing in this???

We are all so different, some will react and some don't. Is it smoked? I think that is what alot of IC'ers have a problem with. I myself can have turley bacon and bacon in general without a problem. Although I wouldnt eat an entire package (even though I want to lol).. a few slices here and there are doable. So it is your choice to try it, and if it gives you a reaction, put it on YOUR no foods list, or your list to try again when you have symptoms under control. Sometimes the "safe" foods are not so safe for everyone, but for the most part that is the best way to start!!!!!!!!

Jenn
    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

I can't tolerate anything with nitrates in it. So I always have to buy nitrate free bacon.

Comment

I read it again...I guess I still have to get use to this...sodium nitrate. DUH!!! Well, there goes that one! Guess I will be looking for an alternative. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Comment

Working...
        X