Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julie B
    replied
    Rinsing fresh vegetables like broccoli is also a quick way to remove pesticides. Organic is good, but not always necessary.

Leave a comment:

• KathiB
    replied
    Just make sure you clean them well, even if they are organic! I have a fruit and vegetable wash that I use to remove all pesticides/wax/chemicals. If I am somewhere other than home, I will use dish soap to clean my fruits and veggies. I am so sensitive to preservatives, some of which are used on the skins.

Leave a comment:

• jessicab
    replied
    thanks everyone! that'll make it much easier

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    I eat the skin, it it is edible. :-) You are right, lots of good nutrients in there.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    If the fruits & vegetables are on the ok list for IC patients, then the skin doesn't really matter for us in terms of our IC. I have been reading lately about the "Clean Fifteen" and the "Dirty Dozen" in terms of what foods are less pesticide-contaminated & which are more important to buy organic - but that's not related to IC, just general health.

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    I eat them with the skin on, as long as there IC friendy.

Leave a comment:

• jessicab
    started a topic fruit/veggies - can i eat the skin?

fruit/veggies - can i eat the skin?

new to the diet and i've been taking the skin off of my fruits & veggies. want to see if this is necessary because i know there's lots of good nutrients in there.

thanks!
    jessa
Working...
X