Javacid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javacid

Hi, I just ordered my first package of Javacid. I am kindof scared to try it in coffee, since I haven't had coffee in almost a year. Has anyone who stopped drinking coffee for a long period of time, tried Javacid. What happened? Thanks for your input.
    Diagnosed with IC in September 2010, after suffering from chronic UTI's. I suffer from pretty bad insomnia as well.
    Prosed in the beginning of diagnosis. Cysta- Q helped heal my bladder.
    Amitriptyline (discontinued now, but was very very helpful), and Macrobid to maintain pain relief and get some sleep. Prelief and Marshmallow Root capsules/ or tea leaves, daily to maintain pain relief.
    Lyrica and Pristiq to maintain bladder urgency and help with nerve pain and sleep.
    IC diet is my life now. Stress reduction is a MUST to survive this illness.

I have never been a coffee drinker, but many IC patients drink one or another of the low acid coffees. I would definitely start out with the caffeine-free versions and maybe only start with a half of a cup. See how you feel, then drink a bit more the next time if you feel ok.

I do like tea, and even as lately as a year ago, I tried green tea again. Before I was done with my first few sips I was bent over in pain. I didn't even consider drinking the whole cup. It took a couple of days to get back to my IC "normal". I don't think I will ever try it again............

Good luck!
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Thanks for the conversation. I'll take your advice.
      Diagnosed with IC in September 2010, after suffering from chronic UTI's. I suffer from pretty bad insomnia as well.
      Amitriptyline (discontinued now, but was very very helpful), and Macrobid to maintain pain relief and get some sleep. Prelief and Marshmallow Root capsules/ or tea leaves, daily to maintain pain relief.
      Lyrica and Pristiq to maintain bladder urgency and help with nerve pain and sleep.

Comment

Smiles.....did you ever try coffee?
        Julie Beyer, MA, RDN

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
        IC Diet Website
        For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
        IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

No I haven't. I' m still scared I'll be I'm pain if I drink it. Thanks for asking.

Comment

I think that is a wise plan..............
            Julie Beyer, MA, RDN

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
            IC Diet Website
            IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
            X