Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else punish themselves on accident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else punish themselves on accident?

So since this week has been the first week I have felt 'normal' in a long while I was waking up depressed. Usually when I would get up I would have a Red Bull (it doesn't do anything for me anymore but it's my favorite tasting carbonated beverage). So now waking up is kind of depressing.

So I thought to cheer myself up for dinner I would order a pizza. So I got a cheese, and chicken pizza with no sauce. So I am eating it and it's OK (I miss the sauce obviously) but it tastes like my old foods a little so I am still eating it.

Then I am like, this is good. You know what, let me just grab a Red Bull and have some salad with ranch and this would be REAL good.

I don't know how I am going to make it through this. I really, really am missing something carbonated.

It has only been one month and I am so tempted to just try a root beer even though it could erase my good month. This sucks.

Yeah it does suck. A first I tried everything possible to keep being able to drink my tea. I tried the prelief, baking soda, tums, you name it. It was very depressing to realize I just couldn't drink it anymore. I walked by a food court the other day looking (and drooling) over the spicy spaghetti and meatballs and I almost ordered it (almost) but ended up with a blah piece of chicken over plain spaghetti with garlic powder and oregano on it. I've gone a long time now with no flares or anything but would love to get to the point where I could have something spicy. I'd kill for my spicy chili right now.

Comment

When I crave something carbonated, I put blueberry or pear juice into the blender with a bunch of ice cubes and make a slushie. It's not the same, but it helps a little.

By the way, I'm ok with Marie's Lite Creamy Ranch Dressing. I put a little on the side of the plate and dip my fork in it between bites. Prelief helps with it too.
      You can get Marie's Ranch in the refrigerated section of the produce department of grocery stores.
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I'll have to try that Kadi. I only can find straight blueberry juice so it will have to be with that. Thanks!

I am giving myself another month (of the diet and drugs to work) before I will try anything iffy. But when that happens I will try that dressing!

If they take out your bladder do you get to eat whatever you want again? Probably not.

I know I am being over dramatic I just need that sliver of hope from somewhere.

Comment

You can make the ranch without mayo. I use buttermilk and the ranch mix and I'm ok with it.

Comment

I am still looking for a ranch mix I can have. I only visited the grocery store briefly so I'll look harder next time. All of the ones I saw had BHT.

Comment

Oh forgot about the BHT you might not tolerate. I guess maybe an organic mix at Whole Foods or a health food store. There are mixes called Simply Organic but not sure if they make the ranch. You can always make your own from scratch. I know people who do this but I've never bothered.

Comment

MSG not BHT*

Also a lot that don't have MSG have lactic acid. Even though it's the last ingredient I am hesitant until I clear at least 2 months to try it. I was looking it up and it seems to come from sour milk. If I can have milk do you think I can have lactic acid? Some of these are so confusing.

Comment

That's a good question. Dairy products have never bothered my bladder although I can get the runs from them. If yogurt bothers you then lactic acid may also. Good question to put in the Diet Section.

Comment

Nineteenwinters,

You've given me hope because you have improved. I'm glad to hear the diet has at least made a dent in your symptoms. I'm praying that the diet will help me also. But I hear ya about missing foods. I finally gave up coffee and it kills me not to have one. And because I can't have it I miss it even more, especially a latte. And when I see advertisements for Coca Cola or Pepsi I'm dying for one with a big glass of ice. Before I ate tomatoes all the time. I have no idea yet what to do about the pizza situation. That is my FAVORITE food. I've been reading suggestions, such as yours, and might give the chicken and cheese only a try.
                    Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

I am sorry you're still in pain. *hugs* Sometimes I wish I was sick again because I didn't care about eating anything and lived on oatmeal. I didn't have pain just frequency though. I know the diet is helping at least a little because my meds took a week to 'kick in' and the only thing helping my frequency had to be the diet. Unless I get stressed I am only going every 2-3 hours and 2 times at night. Maybe I would feel different if I had pain as well. I just feel like everything is a struggle these days whether I am healthy or sick.

Food ads are from the devil. *nods*

I hope the diet will help you as you continue on. Not being in pain I am sure would make the limited food selection a little worth it.

The sad thing is if I could just have 1 cool ranch dorrito and 1/2 a Red Bull I would easily make it though another month. Just a 1/2 hour of flavor. Ugh. I think the finality of the diet is getting to me.

Comment

You do get used to it after awhile. Now when I smell a Coke, all I smell is chemicals. But in the beginning - it drove me crazy...
                        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                        Source - Pinterest
                        "

Current treatments:
                        -IC diet
                        -Elavil 50mg at night
                        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                        -Pyridium if needed,
                        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                        -Managing stress= VERY important!
                        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I think it's really important to adhere to the diet strictly at first. Over time, you may find that you can tolerate a root beer or something once in a while. Perhaps if you tell yourself this may not be forever, that might make it easier for right now.

I agree with Kadi about your tastes changing over time. I used to be a huge red wine drinker, but then I went wine tasting with my husband and took the teeniest sip of his wine - it tasted super sour like vinegar. I don't miss it anymore.
                          Lori

40 y.o. mom, wife and marketing manager

"Il faut manger pour vivre, et non pas vivre pour manger." -- Moliere ("One should eat to live, not live to eat.")

IC symptoms began Feb 2010; diagnosed Mar 2010

Treatments:

Oral
                          Elmiron 3x day; Elavil 25 mg/day; Prelief (when I remember!); Benadryl and Prosed DS as needed for flares

Other
                          Acupuncture 2x/month; yoga; IC Diet; meditation and breathing exercises for stress; heating pad for flares

Comment

Yep, that's why I am still on it even though I want to rip my hair out.

I don't think I'll ever get over wanting a Red Bull or a Dorito to be honest. Maybe I won't crave it as much but I just don't think that's going to happen. These like 7 main meals I can have are going to get old fast. I don't like a lot of the items people use to replace things (bell pepper sauces, cream cheese, cottage cheese, radishes etc.) I have always craved fast foods over regular food and that's not going to change eating chicken and rice lol. I may learn to cope better but I don't see me suddenly thinking those foods were horrible.

*sips blueberry juice*

Comment

I used to be a wine drinker also and I had the same effect when I tasted some a while ago. It tasted so much like a mix of vinegar and acid that I don't think I will ever want to drink it again- even if I could.

Comment

Working...
                              X