Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I can have milk and sour cream can I have Lactic Acid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I can have milk and sour cream can I have Lactic Acid?

Just a quick question. I am fine with milk and small ammounts of sour cream; does that mean I will likely tolerate Lactic Acid? All I can find about it is that it comes from sour milk. Thanks!

Hi there!

Lactaid is just a milk product that has the "lactose" or milk sugar partially digested so that people who are lactose intolerant can drink it. It is also comes in pill form that you can take when you consume dairy products.

Why are you considering using Lactaid?
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Thanks for the reply! It's in a lot of things I was going to buy in the store (where it was the only ingredient I thought might be bad.) But in this specific case it's the last ingredient in a ranch mix I was going to mix with buttermilk for my salad dressing.

Comment

Working...
      X