Junk food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk food?

Have you found ANY packaged junk foods that you can eat?

My doctor has suggested I avoid ALL junk foods and processed foods, but sometimes I just want to grab a box of cookies without having to make them myself!
    Medications and Supplements:
    BladderQ
    Pyridium
    D-Mannose powder
    Cranmax

Lifestyle:
    Lacto-ovo-vegetarian and IC diet
    Meditation
    Positive mental attitude!

I eat Nature's Made Honey Oat granola bars.

Also, I eat Breyer's Vanilla Bean ice cream. Seems ok so far.

Also, I found these green peas that are like chips. There have like two ingredients and they satifisy my salt and crunch craving.

How about an organic hamburger. I love hamburgers but am cautious about what ones I eat.

Also, I used to eat all natural Fruit Bars, but nowadays have to be cautious.

I used to like Skittles. I'm dying for some crunchy candy with nuts. But I can't eat nuts.

I'd love to hear some more ideas.
    Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

Vanilla wafers, pita chips(Costco sells two different kinds) Bare Naked vanilla/almond granola, white chocolate anything.

then there is always carrots and celery sticks...........I had to say that because I am a dietitian! ;-)
      Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
      IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
      IC Diet Website
      For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
      Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
      Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
      IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Eating junk food is not good for health.
        All type of junk food,packed food contains extra unsaturated
        fats which is harmful for health. So, we should avoid eating junk
        food. but some times it is okay to have junk food for fun....

Comment

Pepperidge Farms Chessmen, Ginger Man (if you're ok with ginger), Bordeaux cookies
          Classic Lays Potato Chips
          Original Sunchips
          Original Fritos
          Popchips (regular plain ones, no flavoring)
          Milkshakes made with vanilla ice cream and milk
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Toto! If you make it back this way can you tell me more about these pea-chip things? I LOVE peas!! These sound delish! Where do you get them?? What brand are they??
            Symtoms started July 2010.
            Severe pelvic floor pain only.

2 time PT graduate!
            In medical remission since August 2011; able to eat and drink anything I want currently.

IC meds:
            200 mg Elmiron in the morning
            100 mg Elmiron @ night
            Macrobid after intercourse

03/11 07/11 01/12
            If at first you don't succeed: 07/26/2013!

Comment

I can't remember names right now but lately I have noticed more cracker in the cracker aslie that are organic, more natural, less sat fats, and preservative.

I have not tried them but have been tempted.

Also most grocery stores now have more products out there without gluten, these seem to have less additives, but again I have not tried just been reading lables.

MG
              My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

i get cravings for junk food too... if it's for something sweet i stop at a donut shop, not a pre-packaged one, but a fresh fluffy glazed donut usually hits the spot. if it's for something salty i go for the Lay's Kettle Cooked Original chips... super crunchy so my jaw starts hurting and makes me stop munching before I even get full.
                If donuts don't work for you, find a local bakery (not the grocery store type) and talk to them about what ingredients they are using. They will help you find something amazing good!
                OR... bake up a whole bunch at home one weekend. Freeze them in individual packs of 3. They only take minutes to thaw, esp if you pop them in the microwave for a few secs.
                good luck to you!

Comment

Blue Diamond makes some gluten free crackers called Nut-Thins that are really good. They make several types of nut crackers so you may be able to find one that works for you.

For an uber-sugary fix I like meringue cookies. Found them at the bakery at Albertsons. These are definitely in the just once in a while category for me.

Raw almonds make a great snack. For some reason they satisfy my sweet craving.

Lundberg's organic brown rice cakes are a good one too. They are really good with a nut butter and honey on top.

Happy snacking.....
                  Pam

Comment

Try a health food store. They have items that, while "packaged" don't contain the harmful preservatives or additives your body will react against.

Is there a Trader Joes near you? Because they're mostly healthier than "regular" grocery stores, and MUCH more affordable than health food stores.

Comment

Fritos-Plain
                      Tostitoes-Plain
                      Honey maid graham crackers, for added fun you can spread Fluff on top
                      Snack Factory pretzel thins
                      Corn nuts-Original
                      Nature Valley-Almond Granoloa Bars
                      Blue Diamond- Nut Thins
                      Trader Joe's - All Natural Cheese Curls
                      Haagen Daaz Vanilla
                      Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Swirl (if you can have cinnamon)
                      Dole frozen coconut bars
                      Carrob covered malt balls or pretzels
                      Nora's Naturals cake mix for cakes or cucakes

Haha. I actually eat very healthy, in fact I'm on Weight Watchers, but alas, I still crave junk!

Hope this helps!
                      God grant me the Serenity to get through each day and get home to my fur babies and my loving husband.
                      -Currently Taking: Atarax, Cystoprotek, Folic Acid, Acidopholus, Prelief, and Prevacid.

Comment

Working...
                      X